screamer pipe

woff

Member +
Dont know what ne1 thoughts are on these but i think they sound awsome :D just wondered if ne1 knows where to get them from as ive seemed to have trauled the whole internet with no luck :(

pig666eon

Member +
Dont know what ne1 thoughts are on these but i think they sound awsome :D just wondered if ne1 knows where to get them from as ive seemed to have trauled the whole internet with no luck :(

pm zisco on here they can make one up for you

Rory

Lifer
It will sound shit.

They only work well on external wastegates, as there sealed.

Will sound like a burst exhaust, unless boosting

mr2 rev3

Member +
Im sure i was reading the other day,and somebody had designed one for the standard ct9,that dousnt sound like a tracker off boost,im pretty sure it was...give me 5 mins lol
edit,im sure it was ricky at Race-Tech???

Last edited:

Rory

Lifer
My personal opinion, is there a waste of time, and sound awfull

BUT

Its up to ou as its your car.

ianmcintoshi

Member +
If your talking about a screamer that comes straight of the internal wastegate then dont do it. Like said above it will leak all the time and sound shit.

Stulet-GTT

Member +
There is one for a ct9 that comes off the decat...

It does sound awsome and a nice burble when ideling, but for about £160 i didnt think it was worth it...

woff

Member +
Thanks for all the advice guys :) i think ill give the screamer a miss and find a nice decat instead lol :D

the only one worth having is ricky from race tech as his has an insert that sits in the turbo exhaust housing the block the wastegate to just the screamer pipe, that way it isnt venting exhaust gases too.

Unless it has this little peice in between it to block between exhaust wheel and the wastegate hole it isnt worth a wank as its effectivly just a huge exhaust leak and as for sounding nice they sound fucking shocking like a tractor or basically like uve got no exhaust.

Rory

Lifer
I wouldnt take Rickys word on that, unless its proven, which i can garantee it wont.

WEPR have been doing this scince they brought out the Ext gate kits, yet when my down pipe is of, there is still traces of exhaust soot on the down pipe opposite the Int gate, and mine is welded shut.

Well Racetech designed one and he pretty much guarentees that it would not leak.

It will still sound wank even with a separator, in there as there wont be a perfect seal in there.

Agree totally with rory,

The night pager screamer are terrible for leaking as are most on internal wastegate set ups. And never take someones word unless proven many times means nothing.

weeJohn

Lifer
It will still sound wank even with a separator, in there as there wont be a perfect seal in there.

Agree with that. You would need to weld a seperator into the turbo exhaust housing and have a really good seal on it at the exhaust flange to keep the wastegate and turbine seperate. Otherwise the screamer would leak exhaust gas on no boost.