Seats and Seat rails.

Carisma

Fresh Recruit
Just bought some recaro seats, will these fit straight in or do i need diff seat rails? Any help appreciated?

Cheers

Blak_Mamber

Member +
What rails do they come with? DId they come out of a starlet? Recaro rails or bride rails should fit the starlet, otherwise you will need to do a custom fitting job...

Matchew

Member +
Theres two different ways you can do this you can make the existing rails fit by using the feet off your ep seats and weld them onto the recaro rails

Or use the stock rails and make them fit the recaro seats but 100% they wont be a direct fit

Carisma

Fresh Recruit
They are evo 7 seats, match the door cards and back bench. so duno? I guess i could give them a try, will they be low down though? atm i feel as though im sat on stilts lol

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Mate, you will need to buy some recaro seat rails to fit the seats & your car, or modify the existing rails that are on the seat with the feet from your old GT/Glanza seats..... only way. Is a bit of a mission aswell, will need a good welder etc..

Pics of my Evo 8 seats modified with starlet rails & sit perfect :

Picture11111111094.jpg

Picture11111111095.jpg

Picture11111111093.jpg

Last edited:

Matchew

Member +
I had evo 7 seats in my glanza and black mamber uses them, like i said you can make the recaro rails fit your car or make the stock ep rails fit the recaro seats, either way its a custom job or get hold of bride rails which are a pretty penny and seem to be harder to come by these days

edit me and lewis are just too quick!!!!

black_mamber is right which i said in my original post:)

Last edited:

Carisma

Fresh Recruit
Thansk for your replys dudes! big help! so it can be done i guess, just need to get em first and then have a mess :D im guna put the rear bench on ebay, hopefully get sum money back for that. also how much where the seat rails blak mamber? Cheers

Blak_Mamber

Member +
The seats came with brand new evo rails & runners which was a result.

I then had to chop up my standard GT seats, cut the feet off, get everything lined up in the car, get everything welded together, then had them painted in a body shop ot get rid of the welding marks & make them look fresh... i wasnt up for paying out for Recaro rails as they are a fair bit of ££.... Was quite a bit of effort to do it the way i did, but worth it in the end :)

Carisma

Fresh Recruit
Yeah yeah deffoo. look alot better than the standard seats anyhow. your match the interior and rear seats welll dont they? how much roughly would it be for someone to make me some rails? :S

Matchew

Member +
Have you gotta gt or glanza?

All i did with mine is went to a fabric shop bought some faux black suede for a fiver and retrimmed the cloth part as i stripped the rear interior in mine, bar in mind aswell mate once you fit these seats there wont be much room for people in the back cus there big deep seats compared to stock ones, the rear seats will just be there for show

Carisma

Fresh Recruit
Yeah true, ohh well. bless my passenegers lol. i got a glanza pre facelift. i still may consider stripping rear seats out, does it make much difference though?

Matchew

Member +
Yeah true, ohh well. bless my passenegers lol. i got a glanza pre facelift. i still may consider stripping rear seats out, does it make much difference though?

Yeah my glanza was pre-facelift and there was fuck all room for rear passengers, not really mate the seats are quite light it will get louder and when you drive over tiny lil stones everything is amplified but you get the track slag look which i like