Seized Coilovers.. Whats Best Way 2 Loosen?

SR Turbo

Lifer
hello ppl.. ive got tein HR coilovers on my glanza and there quite stiff 2 say the least :(

ive had a go at them for half an hour earlier in the week but then ran out ov time..
i dnt have the proper coilover key but ive got my m8's key for his civic coilovers and it seems 2 fit mine ok..

is the best tactic just 2 spray the s**t out ov them with WD40 and hope they eventually come free or what?

any help appreciated. cheers :D

Nwimie

Member +
yeah his C spanner should be ok. To be honest mate when we stripped down my mates coilovers we ended up cutting the collets off because they seized solid and he bought new ones for about £10 or £15 quid each. we tried all sorts of sprays evan left them over night used a vice totally mashed the spanner for putting so much pressure on it they just wouldnt budge.

Nwimie

Member +
well you can try it we tried a blow tourch and it didnt work :( unless u have a (sp) oxecetlyn burner :D

Dont get them too hot i believe they might explode?

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
you might distort the tube and fuck the coilover completely if you heat them. on my D2s i had to use 2 pairs of large stilson wrenches and just jump on them. came undone eventually. mashed the ring up a bit but was perfectly useable.

weakboy2

Member +
most probably new rings needed mate, only costs about £80 from a tein dealer, and if you clean/coppergrease them properly they will always come undone again :)

MAD_MO

Member +
Easy mate. My d2's had seized when i went to get my car lifted due to the stupid speed bumps and shit roads in leeds. The best thing to do is take them off completely and get the top bit in a vice. (dont worry you wont bend them) Also i would invest in a propper key for the coilies. use wd40 and if that dont work then grease them. make sure the locks are propery locked otherwise the whole thread tube will turn (hence, 'seized')

GTnomez

Member +
why not as cole on how he lowered them further then he had em before as hes been there and done that

SR Turbo

Lifer
why not as cole on how he lowered them further then he had em before as hes been there and done that

he only lowerd the front 1's m8 he neva did the bak 1's.. and the front 1's were seized also. think ill av a proper go at them over weekend.. hope i can get em dun be4 the Xscape meet cos its sitting like a 1970's muscle car at the min :(