self diagnosis system error 34,42

shane01

Member +
got the engine light comin on when boostin on my ep91 na/conversion..

it says the error is 34 aka turbo pressure sensor, could someone describe what i have missed swapin from the conversion?

also the error 42 is cause i only got the rev limiter workin the speedo come lose.

Texx

Super Moderator
Code 34 is fuel cut. What is the turbo boosting to and did you install the MAP sensor from the donor car?

Texx

Super Moderator
It's mounted on the bulkhead behind the intake manifold, has a vacuum hose and wire connector attached to it.

shane01

Member +
im not a 100% sure i swaped the turbo one off it!?, whats the diffrence between the n/a and turbo mate?. is there anyway to tell?

Rev

Member +
Had a look at my Map sensor it says 89420 -10050 5v denso from what your saying its likely not from a Gt starlet ?

weeJohn

Lifer
The n/a map sensor being fitted usually does not throw up code 34 as it does not read boost, check all the connections for it at the plug and the ecu.

shane01

Member +
weejohn have you got any pictures of and around the inlet manifold just to make sure all the pipes are in the right place?

Texx

Super Moderator
Had a look at my Map sensor it says 89420 -10050 5v denso from what your saying its likely not from a Gt starlet ?

Yes, that's a MAP sensor from an EP82 GT, the part numbers I posted above are EP91 specific.

weeJohn

Lifer
weejohn have you got any pictures of and around the inlet manifold just to make sure all the pipes are in the right place?

I run an ACIS mani and Celica throttle body so it wont be any help to you, sorry mate. It could be fuel cut as the lad says above, what does the car drive like?

Last edited:

shane01

Member +
I run an ACIS mani and Celica throttle body so it wont be any help to you, sorry mate. It could be fuel cut as the lad says above, what does the car drive like?

i had fuel cut before but i fixed it with a new wastegate it just floats above 10 psi.. funny enought the engine did cut for abit earlyer when pushin it hard... but it normaly i just get a light and no engine cut

Texx

Super Moderator
Then reset the ECU, drive the car until the light comes back on and again check for codes. If you get code 34 again then either your hitting fuel cut or there may be a resistance in the wire harness between the MAP sensor and E2 terminal of the ECU.