selling a gt with blown turbo seals?

tomgt106

Member +
hi guys had problems finding a decent ct9 for my gt and has come to the stage that i have to sell it as i have no money, no time and a company car :p

just wondered how much is this going to affect the price to sell at as ct9's arent too difficult to come buy and the rebuild kits are fairly cheap..

any ideas?

its got a toms kit, oz wheels, adjustable tein suspension, full exhaust, arc dump valve, hks filter, boost gauge, NARDI steering wheel, around 80,000 miles (converted) mot until april and tax until april aswell..

cheers

pig666eon

Member +
there is plenty of ct9s dude and easy to change over once you know the procedure. your car will loose money over the fact that there is something wrong with it

fix it dude and you will get more money and sell it quicker. i wouldnt buy a car with something wrong with it like that unless it was for silly money, when people hear there is something wrong its only natural that the assume there something else wrong ect. a good selling point of any car is that its 100%

id say 100 pound would have you a new turbo and then you have a minter of a car to sell

tomgt106

Member +
ive tried mate ive bought two ct9's within the last month and they both had blown seals and both blew smoke..getting to the point where i really cant be bothered lol

Derek

Lifer
ive tried mate ive bought two ct9's within the last month and they both had blown seals and both blew smoke..getting to the point where i really cant be bothered lol

are you sure the turbos are at fault if you tried 3? might be something else.

pig666eon

Member +
well lad there is something wrong there if they were faulty get your money back or you didnt prime them right

its up to you im just giving you some facts to try and help

tomgt106

Member +
yeh im sure its the turbos, the first one i bought seals went after a couple of days and the second one i put on a couple of days ago and now blue smoke is pouring out the back..and i did prime it i just wonder if the seals were blown in the first place..

i may try one more then go from there lol

J25GTi

Lifer
Hmmm. There could be something causing the seals to do. Mine in my td04 got mashed from bottom end failure