seriously need help!

hey so i was made aware my tires were low so i got new ones ordered and got them yest and tok to garage today to get fitted and they broke my locking wheel nut!

after arguin back and fore they say the wheel nuts were shit and it was not there fault dont ask me how but thats what they said so after 4 or 5 hours i decided to try get them off well no they fucked it good style lol! now all 4 locking nuts have snapped!

how do i get them off? plz dont say smaller socket and knock it on i seriously doubt that working!!!

cheers

lee

Sigma

Member +
Irwin locking wheel nut removal tool.

Snap-on do one too.

Other than that, small socket, hammer it over. :)

glanzanut

Lifer
yeah mate as sigma says or if there is no chance of them turning out u will need to drill them out "bad times" :freddy:

danturbo4311

Member +
Mate iv had this problem before my lock nut tool just smashed into little bits as someone had done the lock nut up with an air gun and they were bloody tight, Me and a friend undid it by moving the wheel back and fourth and hitting the nut with a hammer and chisel it eventually loosened didnt take that long to do and we were careful and didnt even hit the wheel we already tried smashing a socket over the nut but its hardened steel all it will do is crack your sockets i cracked 3 before i learnt my lesson

thats a good idea so loosten all 3 and then jusy chissel and shake wheel hope this works lol will take a while to do all four though eh??? and yeah thats the problem i think numpties puttin it on with a air gun lol!!

danturbo4311

Member +
Yea mate take the over 3 off and put a jack under it, then don't be shy with the hammer, but be careful and keep calm they will come off

i will try lol!
what angle did u find best to hit it? and chissel work ok
cheers for this info rep will be added lol!

and if it works i will paypal cash to buy yourself a pint lol!!

danturbo4311

Member +
I would gladly drink that pint :beer: LOL well I just found the best flatish bit and hit it but the main thing is to keep wiggling the wheel it took us about 10 minutes a wheel and we did all 4 too, as i did try taking it to a few wheel places (i had two different sets of wheels on my car 14s on one side and 15s on the other because i was changing the wheels when it snapped lol) they said its gonna cost at least £50 to remove them and if they damage the wheel its not there fault i thought may as well pay myself to damage the wheel. If you were closer to me i would do it but your a bit of a distance

Sean_GT

Member +
Someone broke into my car and stole my locking wheel nut:mad:

I had no option but to get them off before the thieving b******* robbed them.

Smaller nut and hammer done the trick:)