Server Migration Going ahead today

gv1.3

Admin
Hi all,

our migration to a new and more powerful platform is underway. We do not expect much down time if any but in case you experience some unusual happenings when using the site for the next 24 hours it will be down to the migration.

Once complete we will perform some testing and hopefully site performance will be increased (maybe by 70 - 80 bhp!).

Dylan

gv1.3

Admin
this is resuming in about 15 minutes as the server host did not complete it yesterday. If there are going to be any outages I will try announce them before they occur.

gv1.3

Admin
Hi all, we are now half way between the new server and old. Our database is now held on the new server. I have been informed by the engineer handling the move that some database update (posts) may have been lost in the past hour or so, apologies for this, had I known this was the case I would have taken the forum offline completely.

gv1.3

Admin
The entire migration is now complete. Our dns records are now propagating. In the coming days you will find yourself on the new server. This will be transparent to you. You should notice a speed increase and a reduction in vbulletin database errors. Right now you are viewing the website on our old server and data is being server up from the database on our new server. Once the dns propagation is complete we should see zero activity on the old server and then we will begin turning it down completely.

Fingers crossed its smooth sailing from here on.

EDIT: the site appears to be running quicker already.