Setting up coilovers?

chewy1369

Fresh Recruit
I have just purchased a set of meister r coilovers for my quadlight EP82 and will hopefully be fitting them on saturday. i know how to adjust the height and dampening but im not sure about the camber adjustments on the top mounts? Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

jf84

Member +
I have just purchased a set of meister r coilovers for my quadlight EP82 and will hopefully be fitting them on saturday. i know how to adjust the height and dampening but im not sure about the camber adjustments on the top mounts? Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Think they already come preset so leave them alone unless you go to a place that will do your camber with laser alighment etc etc

chewy1369

Fresh Recruit
Ok thanx for that, will maybe do that another time, bit skint after buying them :haha:
Anyone know how low the meister r coilovers can go

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
really low mate, but they come preset for a starlet height wise anyways.
in terms of camber its down to you taking it to a garage with 4 wheel laser allignment to get this sorted the best.

chewy1369

Fresh Recruit
Ok cool. My car has 40mm lowering springs all round with TRD shocks and 2 coils chopped off at the back, making it about 60-70mm which makes it about even to the front. As long as it goes to that then i am happy.

MeisterR

Lifer
Chop springs is not cool... good to know you got some "proper" suspension now. :)

Installation should be straight forward, but check the springs to make sure they are not massively pre-loaded.
Here is a video that might help: http://www.meisterr.com/Site/Tutorial.html

Once you set the springs, make sure you only adjust the ride height using the lower bracket.
Do not use the spring perch to adjust ride height... then you should be pretty safe.

Also, do get your car align as soon as possible.
Best suspension in the world will be rubbish if the wheels aren't point to the right direction. :)

chewy1369

Fresh Recruit
Got the coilovers in, just need to get it m.o.t'd and then get my allignment done. i have done the front two wheels to last until then and it seems to be ok.
They are on the lowest setting at the back and 15mm away from it at the front and its lookin sweet. will try and get some pictures on soon!