Shiney intercooler

ktl

Member +
I would like my intercooler to be like brand new again as its just gone dull.

Would do you recommend and no to autosol.

ktl

Member +
The fins need doing aswell, i want to get rid of the nasty hdi template aswell.

could you acid dip them like that do on engine blocks?

thanks for the item tho, rep!!

ktl

Member +
not sure about the acid dipping mate but that cutting compound works a treat on the pipes with a bit of elbow grease!

ah yes, autosol does the pipes good enough for me, its just the front core just ewwwww. i dont fancy spraying it either.

addz

Member +
Any veteran tips?

I also need to take the crap look out of my HDI intercooler. Looks as if it's been in Kazakhstan most of its life.

VXR230BHP

Member +
Any veteran tips?

I also need to take the crap look out of my HDI intercooler. Looks as if it's been in Kazakhstan most of its life.

Pressure wash the core and spray with some snow foam and leave to dwell...the use a toothbrush and some degreaser ie panel wipe to remove the grime. Warm water works better !

addz

Member +
Pressure wash the core and spray with some snow foam and leave to dwell...the use a toothbrush and some degreaser ie panel wipe to remove the grime. Warm water works better !

Quality.

Never used snow foam before, don't even have a degreaser - you recommend any:)

VXR230BHP

Member +
Quality.

Never used snow foam before, don't even have a degreaser - you recommend any:)

Panel wipe or pre paint is excellent....that will remove any grime...panel beaters use it to remove dust and dirt before spraying. get the water warm/hot for the foam to work and make sure you leave it to dwell....Chemical guys snow foam is excellent...Us lads over on VXRONLINE use it all the time. Hope that helps.

PS it will take some elbow grease lol
Alex.

Dan507

Member +
A de-greaser then use on of those drill bits with metal brushes (can't think of the real name), then lacquar it. done. it would take some time but it would be worth it.