Shocking Result????

blitzep82

Member +
Right just got my car dynoed at Re:Worx in Portsmouth.

Got a GT MK1 with the following mods:

Blitz Decat
Blitz Nur Spec
Blitz Intercooler
Blitz Dump valve
SPS Manifold
Hybrid CT9 Turbo @ 0.8 Bar
Relocated Air Filter to Behind Grill
HKS Actuator
HKS FCD
Magnicor Leads 8.5mm
Uprated Iridium Plugs
Nismo Fuel Pump
315cc Injectors
FSE FPR
Oil Catch Tank
Apexi Boost Controller (set at 0.8 bar)
Apexi Fuel Controller (really old, one button one, been told its shit lol)
Uprated Clutch

Probally forgot some,

But only made 149.7 bhp at the fly at 0.8bar!!!!!!!

That is shit int it lol!

Re:Worx just moved all their dyno:dynamics equipment so i dont know if that has affected it but do you recon i should take it somewhere else??

Cheers

dac69er

Super Moderator
has it been mapped to any degree or just all the stuff put on it and then just a rolling road run?

Rory

Lifer
Get rid of them injectors for a start.
Can garantee its running super rich hence the low figure.

blitzep82

Member +
well the fueling has been "trimmed/adjusted" but they said they had to run it slightly rich top end as you can only control it for across the whole rev range as its the old box controller with one nob thing. No management. But all these bits been on it for ages, just got the controllers wired in and dynoed to see the figure. Is extremely quick, definately not 149 bhp anyway!!!

blitzep82

Member +
just my last engine ran lean, so i took drastic measures lol. so if i put standard ones back in ill get a better figure?

thing is even so it shouldnt be that low?149bhp!! at the fly! thats like 120 at the wheels. thats like a standard car. but its rapid and beats my mates 200bhp at the fly proven type r.

lol

scot-ish

Member +
wow, a bit overkill on the fueling, what is the fpr set to? with uprated pump, and injectors..

get yourself emanage or even safc2, sure that will help you.

standard is 130ish atf.

my stadard gt sits with type r's so it aint take special to beat them.

thechomper

Member +
why dont you increase the boost to 1.2 bar with the correct adjusting to the fueling on a dyno ,the hybrid can handle it ,mines been running that for the last 8 months ,i have a jam ecu with standard injectors so not using any FCD,just be careful on your comments about beating other cars you might see your thread locked

dac69er

Super Moderator
more importantly though, what was your torque figure and how soon do you reach full boost?

if you have a good torque figure you will have a very quick little car, but will just tend to tail off power up the top due to the lower hp figure.

gv1.3

Admin
mine made the same with stock manifold and cat still in place with a stock ct9 at .9 bar

Get rid of the injectors turn the boost up and set the fueling and you should see a significant increase in HP over what you have at the moment.

aaron425

Member +
mate if it feels quick and your happy with the way it feels, dont worry about the low numbers it made...when your mates ask the bhp just lie to em!!:drive:

churcherj

Member +
mate if it feels quick and your happy with the way it feels, dont worry about the low numbers it made...when your mates ask the bhp just lie to em!!:drive:

haha i like this :) at the end of the day, all this talk of "BHP" is just pub talk and who has more blah blah, like aaron said its how the car feels/drives on the road that counts, and how usable that power is. not some bhp figure in your head :) if its rapid, then its rapid end of :) anyway whos to say the dyno is 100% accurate? i know its nice to get some reassurance that youve achieved a good bhp figure but i wouldnt worry about it too much, if your still concerned about the figures take it to an independant dyno and get it tested again :)

aaron425

Member +
haha i like this :) at the end of the day, all this talk of "BHP" is just pub talk and who has more blah blah, like aaron said its how the car feels/drives on the road that counts, and how usable that power is. not some bhp figure in your head :) if its rapid, then its rapid end of :) anyway whos to say the dyno is 100% accurate? i know its nice to get some reassurance that youve achieved a good bhp figure but i wouldnt worry about it too much, if your still concerned about the figures take it to an independant dyno and get it tested again :)

amen!^^^^

as long as your afr is ok dont worry!

if your after big numbers then buy a td05:)
but if your happy with the way it goes then leave it!...as you know i made 188@fly with my old ct9 set up and it was perfect!....quick spool/response and killed evos/scoobys daily!...if you want it set-up mate, just let me know

Aaron.

cameroon95

Member +
amen!^^^^

but if your happy with the way it goes then leave it!...as you know i made 188@fly with my old ct9 set up and it was perfect!....quick spool/response and killed evos/scoobys daily!...if you want it set-up mate, just let me know

Aaron.

What was your set up?

somal

Member +
amen!^^^^

Aaron.

really evos and scooby ?

aaron425

Member +
me?

i had
ARC intercooler
apexi filter @ grill
hks actuator
sard rrfpr
skyline gtr fuel pump
apexi ni exhaust
japspeed manifold
toytuning downpipe
greddy profec b spec 2 ebc
hks fcd
blitz boz
it was fully stripped out aswell..

maybee more but thats all i remember?!

i was running 18psi/1.1 bar on a ct9

durmz

Member +
As much as the guys are right bho is just pubtalk that doesn't mean it means fa, if u made 200 bhp at 2.0bar on a turbo then there's clearly something to answer for, there could be summit wrong or it needs a good map or summit