should i buy a Greddy emanage blue???

carrington865

Member +
hi guys

i have an induction kit. exhaust system. sps manifold. walbro fuel pump. HKS actuator, greddy elec boost controller, FCD and a SARD fpr. ngk heat 7 plugs, blitz dump valve

i am running the car at 1 bar. i am wondering if i should get the emanage to get car properely mapped as its quite a change from original set up.

recon its worth it???

SAEED

Fresh Recruit
hi i had my car mapped last week and the mechanic advised me to get a performance ecu. he told me i wouldnt need the fcd if i had a performance ecu. i was told to get a apexi power fc because its got a harness that fits straight on but the emange blue you have to wire to loom which is time consuming difficult and costly unless you do it you self.

cole

Member +
hi i had my car mapped last week and the mechanic advised me to get a performance ecu. he told me i wouldnt need the fcd if i had a performance ecu. i was told to get a apexi power fc because its got a harness that fits straight on but the emange blue you have to wire to loom which is time consuming difficult and costly unless you do it you self.

thats wrong

the apexi power fc will only fit if it is for a starlet also 82 and 91 are diffrent

and you can have a emanage fitted for 50 quid off nick jones on here

so id hardly call it expensive would you ?

SAEED

Fresh Recruit
unfortunatly i dont know nick im new to the site. the mechanic i use from mgt racing checked the catologue in front of me and it said ep91 not ep82. so i dont know bout the ep82.

cole

Member +
unfortunatly i dont know nick im new to the site. the mechanic i use from mgt racing checked the catologue in front of me and it said ep91 not ep82. so i dont know bout the ep82.

yes but they make apexi power fc for nearly all jap cars the way you said it was asif you could just buy any and it will just plug into the starlets wiring system

carrington865

Member +
i gna put car on rollers in couple weeks time to see wats goin on power and AFR wise.
i think that the car is overfuelling at a certain rev range. if boot it in eg 2nd it boost up quick on pulls quality. if boot it in 4th with revs at say 2,000 up to around 3,500 its a lil bit jittery as if it a misfire then when comes on boost its fine and pulls really well

cole

Member +
have you changed the spark plugs / ht leads / dizzy cap ?

pretty comon problem with the starlets as they probly havent been changed for a while

these can cause a slight mis fire

easy fixable

carrington865

Member +
have you changed the spark plugs / ht leads / dizzy cap ?

pretty comon problem with the starlets as they probly havent been changed for a while

these can cause a slight mis fire

easy fixable

the plugs only 3weeks old. it doesnt mis fire on boost. it didnt do it b4 put all bits on the started straight after which leads me to think its AFR. soon find out on roll rd. you got any other suggestions?????

carrington865

Member +
depends on the results on the rolling road coz i have a SARD FPR waiting to go on so that might (i hope ) smooth it out abit. if not then its ecu time
in your opinions wat better greddy emanage blue or the apexi power fc???

not hittin fuel cut as i got a FCD (waste of money if i buy emanage lol)

durmz

Member +
i dno nuthin bout ecu's, but i hope ure running a new intercooler with a bar, jus saying like, good luck wiht ure prob

durmz

Member +
so ure running a bar currently without a fpr, without a manifold, and without a front mount? thaaass gonna end up badly, its probs missfiring due to lack of fuel not over fueling

WillGT

Member +
so ure running a bar currently without a fpr, without a manifold, and without a front mount? thaaass gonna end up badly, its probs missfiring due to lack of fuel not over fueling

he said on his first post he has a sard fpr and a sps manifold pal

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
induction kit, exhaust system, HKS FCD, HKS Actuator, greddy boost controller, walbro fuel pump, ngk 7 plugs.running at 1 bar. SARD fpr and SPS manifold goin on friday.

hes not put his fpr or manifold on yet though mate ^^^ says hell put them on friday..ide lower the boost right now wind that actuator out a bit that 3rd piston is guna be fuming .and put the fpr on asap these should have been done way before now mate maybe one of first mods!!;)

carrington865

Member +
ok cheers for the advice guys.

i int been bootin it much since the mis fires just incase it was lack of fuel. hopefully will be sorted 2moro then. il post up 2moro if it still does it after sps mani and fpr

carrington865

Member +
just an update. wound out actuator to .7 bar. got the sps manifold on. bein the dick that i am i didnt get the adaptor nipples wen brought 2nd had SARD fpr. so that didnt go on

at .7 with new mani it was much more smooth so think problem solved. less laggy too and fell better all way through rev range