Should I?

pacman

Member +
I'm toying with the idea of breaking my GT Advance as I am getting bored of fwd. Obviously these cars are worth far more in pieces than as a complete vehicle so...

I know it's gonna be hard to match the fun factor of the Starlet, but I've been offered a rev 1 MR2 Turbo for £1k. It'll need a little bit of work but nothing I can't handle. Having never owned a rwd before I guess I'm asking for your thought on my situation.

Ideally I'd be going for a FD3 RX7 but I will not risk buying a cheap one as the reliability is something I am worried about. I've also been told that you have to start saving for a rebuild from the day of purchase, which is NOT cool.

So yeah, Starlet or MR2?

glanzasteve

Fresh Recruit
ok i know its not a mr2 but i had a s2000 and on the road i think i have more fun in the glanza. its more predictable and safe to go for a bit of a blast. my brother had a mr2 turbo and it was an awesome car, felt rapid as your so close to the ground. if your bored of fwd then yes go for it but you cant get away from how much fun the starlet is to drive.

at the end of the day a tuned mr2 will walk on a tuned starlet so dont try compare the cars like for like. i think change is good and you should go for it :) or as its only 1k, save and have both :)

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
I've had a few of both.

The MR2 is in a different class to the EP's,MR2 everytime if you can afford it.

If I could though,I'd try for a Rev3+ with the LSD and better turbo.

pacman

Member +
Thanks for the responses chaps.

I won't be going down the S2000 route as whatever I end up with will be boosted. Also don't want to run two cars so it's either/or.

The rev 1 mentioned is actually from a friend; I would rather a rev 3 due to the improvements Toyota made but it's not impossible to swap the turbo and 'box from a rev3 into a rev 1 so I will probably end up doing that.