**Silverstone TrackDay**

GTWorld

Member +
Hi Guys And Girls i am currently talking to silverstone about hire the track for a trackday for TGTT!!! just wondering how many ppl would be interested??

Also i don't know prices at the moment as im just in the process on enquiring about it.. Just wana see how many people are interested in this?:p

Add Names:

1.GTWorld

Streetech

Member +
Might be worth you speaking to Starlet_Sam. He has already spoken to most of the circuits inorder to get us some track time.

GTdan

In The Closet
as pete has had - sam has organised one for novemeber.

Your looking anywhere between 4-10k to hire a track of silverstone name - which works out at several hundred quid a car - and sams struggling to get people to pay £120 for cadwell.

GTWorld

Member +
Ok i was just inquiring as it would have been a really good place for us to do a trackday if not too expensive!!! Guess ill get back to the drawing board Thanks Guys

goldenvtr

Member +
i think silverstone would be a rediculasly expensive compaired to a trackwhere you could have jsut as much fun

GTdan

In The Closet
Ok i was just inquiring as it would have been a really good place for us to do a trackday if not too expensive!!! Guess ill get back to the drawing board Thanks Guys

fair play to you dude :cool:

problem youve got is people paying up - people say oh yes im interested, but when it comes to paying up they dont - this is on every forum.

im looking into going to the ring next year - few people off here have already expressed interest in it - so will post up details of costs etc when i have them

Monkfish

Member +
It'll never happen I'm afraid.

Starlet_Sam, who did a sterling job organising the last TGTT trackday at Llandow, seems to be having problems getting people to commit £120 for Cadwell in November. There's no way in shit you're going to get enough confirmed interest to pull off Silverstone given that it'll be at least twice the price per car.

GTWorld

Member +
Thanks for all your comments what about Castlecombe? I know some have already gone around it at Japfest but just speaking to the track and there getting back to me with prices i will also be taking out insurance for everyone on the track just to cover yourself!! it will be a whole day event.. will let you know updates as soon as!!

GTdan

In The Closet
Thanks for all your comments what about Castlecombe? I know some have already gone around it at Japfest but just speaking to the track and there getting back to me with prices i will also be taking out insurance for everyone on the track just to cover yourself!! it will be a whole day event.. will let you know updates as soon as!!

sam looked into coombe aswell - very expensive again - looked at £300 per car - when you can book trackl days for £200 at same placethrough an agency.

goldenvtr

Member +
im pretty sure sam enquired about castle combe as as faily expensive too. im up for any trackday really as long as there is a few months notice to sort payments out ect.

Edit - beat me to it :p

Streetech

Member +
fair play to you dude :cool:

problem youve got is people paying up - people say oh yes im interested, but when it comes to paying up they dont - this is on every forum.

im looking into going to the ring next year - few people off here have already expressed interest in it - so will post up details of costs etc when i have them

I do most my trips for around £300 (varies depending on ferry price and fuel)I leave on a thursday night (cheap midnight ferry) and have two nights there. I am going again in the summer, need a ring sticker on the quad light.

goldenvtr

Member +
I do most my trips for around £300 (varies depending on ferry price and fuel)I leave on a thursday night (cheap midnight ferry) and have two nights there. I am going again in the summer, need a ring sticker on the quad light.

if you give me some notice i might be able to make it, i reallly want to go, i would concider going inthe mazda to make it cheaper as ill be in the gt soon

GTWorld

Member +
Im am trying to get there pricing down unless obv we can get a big interest it does'nt work out too bad if you think theres over 5,000 members on here we aint asking for alot, it would be well good to have a mssive turn up of all members as im fairly new here i don't know many people lol

Streetech

Member +
Might be worth you speaking to Starlet_Sam. He has already spoken to most of the circuits inorder to get us some track time.

Sam has spoken to them already and also Javelin Track days. He has other things in the pipeline but I cant say what so just keep an eye on the meets thread and put your name down.

Pete

Streetech

Member +
if you give me some notice i might be able to make it, i reallly want to go, i would concider going inthe mazda to make it cheaper as ill be in the gt soon

Notice? Last time I was bored at home so went for a drive.

I will pick a date and make sure the hotel I stay at has places and will let you know bud.

goldenvtr

Member +
lol i dont have the kinda money you teachers have for intercontinetal drives at random :p

yea just let me know if its over a weekend with maybe a friday off i could probly make it pending dates... :cool:

GTdan

In The Closet
Im am trying to get there pricing down unless obv we can get a big interest it does'nt work out too bad if you think theres over 5,000 members on here we aint asking for alot, it would be well good to have a mssive turn up of all members as im fairly new here i don't know many people lol

yes but not all are active, not all want to track there car.

Sam gave everyone 6-7 months notice for the track day at llandow - and that was £120 i think for the day......only just managed to fill up the spaces.

Cadwell park - bigger track - good name etc (better reputation than llandow) - minimum of 30 people on track at time - working out at £120 per car - sams struggling to fill up the 30 spaces.

Most track days will be during the week - not at weekend unless you wanna pay alot of money (a mean hell of alot!)

Yes in theory lots of people should be, but practicality theres not alot of people.

I would strongly suggest speaking to sam before making enquries - as he has asked all this information beofre and got prices etc from the circuits - plus as pete said - theres stuff in the pipeline.

Streetech

Member +
lol i dont have the kinda money you teachers have for intercontinetal drives at random :p

yea just let me know if its over a weekend with maybe a friday off i could probly make it pending dates... :cool:

Yeah it will be a weekend to get the most time on the ring, sunday is usually a whole day and saturday is an afternoon thing but they have testing on in the morning so something to watch.

Will chat more on sunday.