single core civic radiator - suitable for ep82?

gregep82

Member +
My mates offered me his single core civic radiator from a 1.4 civic he used to own.

Exactly the same as this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Civic-1...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2305e06c78

As its single core, common sense tells me that it wont be efficient enough as its not as big as the standard ep82 radiators? hence people getting the civic dual cores but just wondered if it would be ok to use? as i really dont know.

Any helps appreciated :)

Thanks

gregep82

Member +
I used the single core in my last Glanza and Garyfh is using it in his it works grand so why not if its free

It'll only be temporarily until i can buy a dual core lightweight one like the above ebay ad.

How do you adapt the plugs for the cooling fan?? just cut and reconnect the wires?

Brendanlez

Member +
yup!

I used a crimping set to rejoin the wires, its how i set up mine and Gary's.
Just make sure you leave plenty of extra wire for if you want to change again!

Start the car let it idle over and make sure the fan is running.

A little tip instead of dicking around trying to get minor kinks out of the hoses, just twist and turn them at the ends and you should work them out.

Any more questions just pm me
Hope it helps... Rep if you feel the need :p

gregep82

Member +
yup!

I used a crimping set to rejoin the wires, its how i set up mine and Gary's.
Just make sure you leave plenty of extra wire for if you want to change again!

Start the car let it idle over and make sure the fan is running.

A little tip instead of dicking around trying to get minor kinks out of the hoses, just twist and turn them at the ends and you should work them out.

Any more questions just pm me
Hope it helps... Rep if you feel the need :p

Lmao yes youve been repped,

Cheers for the help mate, you may well be getting a pm from a frustrated me trying to fit it ;)

Thanks a lot

Brendanlez

Member +
Its not hard put 1 of the bottom mount in to the hole for the standard rad on the passenger side and get out the cable ties then do the pipes and fill with coolant. Make sure you bleed the coolant system to get the air out. Its a bit tedious more than anything but you will get there, I felt like throwin the rad in the bin a few times, but if ya smoke just light a cig and carry on :haha:

gregep82

Member +
Its not hard put 1 of the bottom mount in to the hole for the standard rad on the passenger side and get out the cable ties then do the pipes and fill with coolant. Make sure you bleed the coolant system to get the air out. Its a bit tedious more than anything but you will get there, I felt like throwin the rad in the bin a few times, but if ya smoke just light a cig and carry on :haha:

If I put the mount into the standard rad one, the bottom hose pipe is jammed against the cat?

and do you need custom brackets at the top?

Getting frustrated already :( lol

Japsport85

Member +
im using a single core civic rad on mine, works fine. used my original fan so no cutting of wires :)

will try post some pics up later tonight for ya if it'l help??

used the standard top hose and modified the civic bottom one. by modifyin, all i did was shorten it down. doesnt touch nothin.

system pressures up fine and fan kicks it when it should.

Last edited:

gregep82

Member +
im using a single core civic rad on mine, works fine. used my original fan so no cutting of wires :)

will try post some pics up later tonight for ya if it'l help??

used the standard top hose and modified the civic bottom one. by modifyin, all i did was shorten it down. doesnt touch nothin.

system pressures up fine and fan kicks it when it should.

Sounds like a plan! ill get round to putting the old fan on then.

How did you use the top rad brackets? a picture would be perfect.

Thanks a lot :)

gregep82

Member +
you shouldnt need to... are you trying to mount it closer to the drivers side or the passenger side?

ive been tryin to stick the bottom right rad mount into the hole on the ep82s standard point. sorry that was badly worded but hopefully youll understand.

More over to the passenger side