Sleep Paralysis

dan

Member +
Has anyone ever experience this before? some may have and not known what it was, but by christ I experienced this this morning and it shit me right up.

To explain:

I was asleep and im not a very deep sleeper, tend to wake up at the slightest noise etc, basically I was lay in bed and heard my new born baby making noises as she normally does and then I heard the floorboards go, at this point i thought great my mrs has got up as im in work today. Still having my eyes shut and started to settle back to sleep, next thing I hear my mrs breath next to me, i think wtf, try to open my eyes I cant, next thing i start feeling a pressure at the bottom of the bed as if someone had just got on (theres only me, mrs, baby( 3 weeks old) and the dog. The dog is locked downstairs at night) This pressure then started to come up the bed, i then felt it on my chest and then at the side of me as if someone was lent over the top of me pushing the covers down, I couldnt move, I was paralised, I tryed calling to my mrs but it was just whispers, this went on for about 20 seconds, next thing bang. I just shot up out of bed.

I swear to god, in my 26 years ive never experienced anything like that. The thing is I always have crazy left field dreams but this was to real to be a dream, I that was it, I spent the rest of the night trying to comprehend what had happened, and if it was a dream.

Wickie page :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Lil vid of a documentry:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1686835563388541602

Dan_SV

Member +
thats sum freaky s**t right there!!!!
u must've been well freaked out by it!
think i've experienced sumthin similar but i was a lot younger an can't remember the exact details!!

GTti

Member +
lol,
I've had it a few times over the last few years. It's not pleasant is it, especially if your face in your pillow, arms by your side but you can't move and you start to wonder why the hell you're not moving, concentrating really hard to do so!

Glanza D

Member +
i started doing it when i was about 12 (now 19) did it once then it got more and more often must do it twice a month now :(

one of the scaryest things ever, even though ive done it loads of times

ChrisGT

Member +
Heard about this and know people who have had it, but never experienced it first hand. Must be bloody scary!

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
My brother sufferes from it, used to be a regular occurance, even waking up with his eyes open and not being able to breath or move.

It can cause hallucinations also. Though our house is supposidly haunted so dunno if it was this that caused wot he saw but one night he woke up (wasn't paralised) but saw the ghost of a man at the end of his bed. Was enuf to make him move out for a year!

dan

Member +
its just fucked up, Ive experience dreams were I cant run n stuff but nothing so real feeling as this.

Its enough to put people off sleep for ever.

GTti

Member +
To be honest the two or three times I can remember having this I was always just calm and knew it was some sort of sleep paralysis. My eyes were shut and I could groan but not speak or move, I don't remember the point at which I woke up properly each time its happened though.

Sparky

Member +
its just fucked up, Ive experience dreams were I cant run n stuff but nothing so real feeling as this.

I get that but I usually cant throw a punch in my dreams rellly pisses me off when your dreaming about someone you hate :p

Must of been pretty scary!!

ChrisGT

Member +
I get that but I usually cant throw a punch in my dreams rellly pisses me off when your dreaming about someone you hate :p

Must of been pretty scary!!

Hahaha! I've had that too, like as if you're being restrained! Well frustrating!

rb69

Member +
My mate used to get this really bad. He felt tired in the afternoon so thought he'd have a nap as you do. Woke up and the tv was on, said he could remember exactly what was on the tv but couldn't move. When he actually woke up all his upper body muscles were aching and he had red marks on his arms. Said it scared the shit out of him.

If you can, try and wiggle your toes when you get it. Sounds stupid I know, but he's found that if he can get his toes to move it snaps him out of it.

ragz

Member +
i know it sounds freaky but iv experienced this a few times n it scared the crap outta me

did u have to bring this topic up lol

the last time i experienced this i also seen a black figure in my room only shit fing is u cant do nuffing bout it
i just close my eyes n say prayers

dan

Member +
If you can, try and wiggle your toes when you get it. Sounds stupid I know, but he's found that if he can get his toes to move it snaps him out of it.

will remember that if it happens again .

lingl9z

Member +
Doesn't sound to healthy, i wouldnt like that to happen to me, if i wake up and feel my head being pushing in to a pillow its usually bcoz someone really is.

ChrisGT

Member +
Doesn't sound to healthy, i wouldnt like that to happen to me, if i wake up and feel my head being pushing in to a pillow its usually bcoz someone really is.

Oooh eeerr!

Its kinda cool when you discover these things out, like when I diagnosed myself with precordial catch syndrome.

Enzo

Member +
Has anyone ever experience this before?

used to suffer from sleep paralysis pretty baddly due to kaining it every weekend,
without fail every monday/tuesday i would get it.
at one point i used to have fits that lasted well over 30-40 seconds,

when i did not know what it was it really freaked me out thinking i was getting abducted by aliens/supernatural shit goin on and all kinds of stuff, as when it happens your totaly paralysed and theres a feeling of someone standing over you

you let out a scream but your body cant scream in a panic but because its not getting signals from your brain you end up with belching out these pitiful muffled yelps. when my body finaly kicked in they would turn into terifying screams, used to freak the gf right out in the middle of the night

its a vitamin dificiancy, for any sufferes just pop into your chemist and get vitamin B & B6

davehart

Member +
Your not alone on that Dan :) I've had wierd dreams like that, they seem so real at the time and in them you try to physically move but just can't.