slight oil leak

WillGT

Member +
i was under my car the other day and noticed a little bit of oil on my turbo clamp (td04) was wondering if anybody knows where it could be coming from i've checked the oil return pipe, an the oil feed etc and there fine? any ideas?

GTnomez

Member +
what turbo clamp? whats holding the silicone to the inlet trumpet? im guessing you have an airfilter

WillGT

Member +
no its the big clamp in the middle of the turbo, its the clamp which holds the compressor housing and exhaust housing together.

goldenvtr

Member +
most lickly the feed pipe as thats where the pressure it most if it is the clamp just tichen it up, thinks its jsut a 10mm nut. probly just the feed line though

WillGT

Member +
most lickly the feed pipe as thats where the pressure it most if it is the clamp just tichen it up, thinks its jsut a 10mm nut. probly just the feed line though

yeh the oil feed and stuff is all fine,i tightened the clamp it actualy went a fair bit, didint want to go to far incase it sheered or somethin, there seems to be slight gap between both parts is this normal or should they be flush?

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Aye, like goldenvtr says, more than likely the oil feed.

edit: ahh u already tried that :p

WillGT

Member +
sorted now guys thightend the clamp up and stuff, it was the oil return pipe need bolting up abit more.