Small air filter recommendation?

squidge218

Member +
i need a small air filter needs to be under 5 inches long and like under 3 inches wide i have very little room and need a new one now so can any one recommend me a decent small one please? cheers for any help!!

i have a power enterprise its a very good filter was from tm developments but i dont know if there still trading after dave passed away?

dac69er

Super Moderator
I have a small k&n on mine. Don't go too small though or you actually cause a restriction!

weeJohn

Lifer
I use a Pipercross trumpet sock, the biggest one they do is 120mm wide I think. Looks like this but new ones dont thave the slot cut out of them like this old one...
DSC00037.jpg

You need to fit a piece of material or a chain drilled pipe like this inside it. If you dont it will get sucked into the connected pipe and compress, causing a restricted air flow...
DSC00036.jpg

Here is a photo of it fitted, that end is open uder there and its open on the sides by more than 60%. I made 275 bhp on a TD04 using this...
DSC00008.jpg

Skalabala

Member +
What turbo is that?? ^
BMC and K&N
Not a fan on the sponge filters, unless it is durable like a type of urethane.
Seen it plenty times that a sponge filter rune a turbo and damage engine to some extent.
Pipercross is good stuff though :)

weeJohn

Lifer
1.4 bar, its a TD04HL 19T, not a Subaru item. I was using Nitrous to get that now I think of it, made 248 without it.

squidge218

Member +
just had a measure up i could have a 6 inch long filter if it cones off to a thinner bit at the end and probably go to around 5 inches wide !!