Small Query

My mechanic is insisting that the pipe ( below in picture ) should not be going into the head ...he`s saying that i should have the pipe blocked ...while the the head part should be left open ...

http://img139.imageshack.us/i/kit0301.jpg/

Can anyone help me out here , should i be listening to him or have it connected as it is from the factory ...m running a td04 @ 1.3 bar ...

madman

Member +
get rid of your mechanic he aint got a clue what hes talking bout... that pipe should be linked to the intake mani thats what its there for..

danturbo4311

Member +
Thats you PCV valve you block up that & your asking for trouble. That valve opens the breather when the engines at vacuum then closes on boost so you dont get positive pressure in the crankcase.

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Thats you PCV valve you block up that & your asking for trouble. That valve opens the breather when the engines at vacuum then closes on boost so you dont get positive pressure in the crankcase.

Print this off and give it to ya macanic so he can learn somink new about an engine...

rwdstarlet

Member +
its also something to do with your emisions i think lad. it sends fumes to be reburned, fumes that arint burned from your engine.

dac69er

Super Moderator
he is technically correct.

you can remove it, remove the insides of the pcv valve and then run a breather off it, or run it to a catch can. you just have to block up the stub from the inlet.

check the race spec cam covers that dave burwash sells, they have no pcv valve ;)

durmz

Member +
dac69er said:
he is technically correct.

you can remove it, remove the insides of the pcv valve and then run a breather off it, or run it to a catch can. you just have to block up the stub from the inlet.

check the race spec cam covers that dave burwash sells, they have no pcv valve ;)

That's different to blocking it up though ent it dude

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
That's different to blocking it up though ent it dude

No, what Duncan just described is the same as what the OP's mechanic described, leaving the PCV open and blocking off the hole on the mani.

I get the feeling the OP isn't exactly experienced with the engine so maybe the mechanic didn't go in depth with his explanation?

@sam
I now a bit or two about the engine :)
Well the mechanic did gave an explanation lemme quote his words

" Boost is entering into the intake manifold and going into the head , which will put a lot of load onto the head , and since you are running 1.3 bar of td04 boost , u should have it removed , i have this done on alot of 4efte`s and they run fine "

I kept on insisting that it came from the factory like this so why should i get it removed , then i took a wise step and posted this over here :) ..

went through the above thread ...now i am confused what should i be doing , some people have said that starlets running high power block the hole in the inlet manifold ...

Can anyone summorize ?

As i concluded from the long thread , the inlet manifold hole should be blocked off and the a pipe should attached to the other hole that is the pcv and that pipe should be left behind the gear box i.e dumping in the atmosphere

Bumping this up a bit !!

Got a quick question , can i connect the two vaccum resources with each other ??? like a small pipe going from one vaccum source to another ..