So undecided.. advice pleaseeee!!

Gtjond

Member +
Unfortunatly on the way home from the harlow cruise on saturday night. my car developed the unmistakable noise of a knocking bottom end. stripped the engine down yesteday and it has spun a shell on cylinder 3 taking some nasty chunks out of the crank. Iv been thinking for a while about selling it as i dont get as much time to drive it as i want anymore, cant decided wether to

A, find a good condition 2nd hand engine
B, repair the damage to this engine
C, or forge this engine/buy a forged engine

iv got a MAX of £1500 to spend, but bare in mind i MIGHT sell the car as soon as its back on the road. so i want to loose as little money as possible if i sell it!

any advice apreciated guys, thanks

out of interest does anyone know the rough prices of the above options?

starletsy

Member +
Whats the age, condition and spec of the car have a look round they really are selling for very little these days and the money you'll spend on a forged engine or a full rebuild you'll struggle to get back. If you can find one o good second hand engine might be a good option if not might be best to cut your losses and break it?

baconfrys

Member +
i am in the same position mate, ave got engine out as my piston rings are gone, am just trying to find some extra cash thinking about going for tuning developments engine package but need to speak to them first as its a long way from north of scotland lol they do engine package fitted for around 2k and engine forged parts diy for 1200 i think it is take a look at there sight and seem to be very good and helpful hope this helps a little and good luck with getting back on road :)

Gtjond

Member +
its an ep82, only running a ct9 hybrid. but the body it absoultly spotless. i cant seem to find an engine anywhere

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
stavros on uksc has hes forged lump for sale, trust me built very well...
from good pal of mine down south..
if not mate, sell the shell, if ur hearts not in to making in come back with a vengence.

Gtjond

Member +
I dont think i could brake her! I want to sell her in the best of condition possible. For some one to enjoy as much as i have. How much it the engine jay??

AdamB

Member +
You might be better off selling as spares or repairs tbh, you will never get back the money you put into fixing it. As said they are worth peanuts these days.

J25GTi

Lifer
If your worried about the money then maybe she doesnt need fixing, I know every time mine has broken the money hasnt ever even crossed my mind no matter how big the bill was, if your not planning on keeping it when its fixed dont waste the money.

EDIT - if your hearts not in it to repair it etc theres no point throwing money at it

thefalls

Member +
As the above members have said.
Forge only if you will be keeping the car for a long time or if you dont care about the money.

Otherwise just fix it and move along.