Solenoid Bypass?

Motor

Member +
Bypassed my solenoid last week. Battery went dead yesterday and car wouldn't jump start untill I switched the pipes back. Just wondering is this normal?
Thanks for any help

Motor

Member +
It has been perfect since I changed it back, and was perfect untill the battery went dead. Did it exactly as jay's thread. :confused:

MentaLEP91

Member +
im sure the solinoid bypass doesnt affect battery or electric in anyway.

so hook up a new battery cause more likely your battery is dead. before u do that, check the battery with a voltmeter to see how much it does have in. also check if it has its juices in.

Motor

Member +
im sure the solinoid bypass doesnt affect battery or electric in anyway.

so hook up a new battery cause more likely your battery is dead. before u do that, check the battery with a voltmeter to see how much it does have in. also check if it has its juices in.

Has been perfect since i reverted it back to standard :confused:

MentaLEP91

Member +
so u reverted the solinoid back to its standard condition and there is no problem with the car? it only does this problem only when the solinoid is bypassed?

durmz

Member +
Exactly mate

its probably either a coincidence...u may have left internal light on or something daft, or u musta not bypassed sumthing correctly...tbh i think its more a coincidence coz im sure ure not daft mate, and not saying u are, try bypassing it again now, should be fine mate, check the thread on bypassing it, make sure u got it all hooked up right just incase

Motor

Member +
Its more the fact it wouldnt start again. Pushed it and jumped it to no avail untill the hoses were switched back. Then started on first turn.
Light on comment, something I'd do alright. Genius me :p
Try it again over the weekend, thanks for all the help.
Rep added

Last edited:

Motor

Member +
Bypassing the solenoid does not affect the electronics. Are you blocking of one of the pipes which should be left venting into the air the one closest to your rocker?

No, everything was left venting to the air as in Jay's tutorial.

Dont heed my last thats only if you had your airfilter mounted behind the bumper. Its vey strange that now I must admit lol. Just loop the solenoid pipe and put the pipe closest to your rokercover onto the standard intake pipe. Have you a pic of your engine bay. Is it all standard?

Last edited:

durmz

Member +
ide check ure battery water though just in case, if u catch a fading battery early, u might get away with topping up the water before a cell goes, once a cell drys out thas it, batterys fucked, just worth a check mate, de-ionised water ent expensive

Motor

Member +
18022009454.jpg

Before you say anything about the filter, it is secure
EDIT: Cheers Durmz, check that when I'm at it.

Last edited: