Sombody please help!!

dave2765

Fresh Recruit
Hi people, i have a bit of an issue with my toyota starlet ep82 (4efte), my freind started to strip it for me to see if i had a cracked piston, he took the cams out and give up!, ive had the car back and put the cams back in and timed the engine up using the 0 on the bottom pulley and the three dots on the cam pulley (have also tryed the 10 mark on bottom pulley, when i try and start the car it really struggles to start, and when started the revs are very slow at increasing and its got no power, the car sounds different to before it got stripped, really hope some of you guys could help me on this one. Thanks

ep82morzy

Member +
Why was the engine being stripped in the first place buddy?are you sure you have refitted the cambelt correctly using the mark in the crank/woodruff key and the mark for the camshaft gear?when u installed the cams did u for the service bolt into the intake camshaft to lock the scissor gear in place?

dave2765

Fresh Recruit
Because ive cracked a piston, was kicking out some white smoke on idle when warm before, but all he did was take the cams out then gave up, and yes i think the cambelt it fitted correctly, and yes put the bolt in the intake camshaft to tension the cams