Someone give me 30k.

gv1.3

Admin
30 grand for that... not a bleedin hope! But if you want a loan of 30 grand for it I will give you a competitive interest rate :D

Derek

Lifer
Its pricey but its a 22b aka god (in the eyes of a subaru man), never seen one on the road here or anywhere.

gv1.3

Admin
remember that meet down in Enfield? Remember there was a 2 door scoob at it with big wide rear arches? was that one of these?

jonny-boi32

Member +
i actually knew that was gonna be a 22b before a clicked on it!!, just a scooby man wanting £30k for a car, new it had to be one!!lol

wesgt

Lifer
this is the ultimate car for a subaru lover, 1 of only 400 made i think, and god knows how many are left! i've seen 5 in the flesh, including 2 together once. i would love one! also the price may not be a million miles off, i had a lad ask me about getting one from japan 2 or 3 years ago, and it was 25k on the road. amazing ultra rare car and if your an enthusiast you'll fork out the dosh, i don't doubt he'll get near his asking price.

Boab

Member +
Its pricey but its a 22b aka god (in the eyes of a subaru man), never seen one on the road here or anywhere.

Come up here, we have two sitting in the workshop - one jap & 1 UK. Lovely, lovely cars. If I had £30k to spend, I wouldn't think twice. Although you wouldn't want to hit it - bumper is £2200, wing guards are £320 a pair, etc. Crazy money!

Bob

Dan3SGTE

Member +
I am completely lost.... Is this how much 22B scoobies go for??? Im not being narrow minded here but thats just bloody ridiculous coming from someone who isnt a subaru enthusiast.

Im struggling to see the difference form that and most other nice subarus around.... Its it like way out of other suarus league performance wise? Has it not even got 300BHP?

sanchez

Member +
Have a read through this Dan, i love the things, my dream car lol

22B STi (03/98 – 08/98)
In 1998, Subaru of Japan produced a widebody, 2-door, Impreza called the 22B STi. The 22B was used to commemorate both Subaru's 40th anniversary as well as the 3rd consecutive manufacturer's title for Subaru in the FIA World Rally Championship. On the release of the sales, all 399 sold out from 30 minutes to 48 hours, depending on the report.[7] The cars had the starting VIN code of GC8E2SD. Another 25 were produced for export markets - see the 22B Type UK below.
The 22B had the EJ22 engine as opposed to the regular EJ20 engine. This means the displacement was increased from 1994 cc to 2212 cc. The block is a closed-deck design. The heads (valves, valvetrain and such) were lifted from the STi Version 4 engine. It produce 350 PS (260 kW; 350 hp) at 6000 rpm and 363 N·m (267 ft·lbf, 37.0 kgf·m) of torque at a lower engine speed of 3200 rpm. The redline was lowered from 8000 rpm to 7000 rpm. The compression is an 8.0:1. The turbocharger is an IHI RHF 5HB (the internal company usage code is VF23).
This car was given a unique color of blue and had fender flared widebody taken from the Peter Stevens designed WRC car, thus widening the width by 80 mm (3.15 inches) for a total of 1,770 mm (69.7). During assembly, a WRX Type R chassis was taken off the line. The fenders were replaced with the 22B STi fenders. The car's curb weight is 1,270 kg (2,800 lb). The suspension is provided by Bilstein. The brakes were standard 4-piston/2-piston brakes. However, the color is red and the Subaru name cast on the brake calipers and painted white. The wheels were increased in size from the standard WRX Type R STi from 16x7" to 17x8.5" BBS Elektra wheels. The car is shod with 235/40 ZR17 Pirelli P Zeros. The clutch was upgraded to a sintered twin clutch with a ceramic disk. The transmission ratios are the same as the standard WRX Type R, but the gears were shot-peened for added reliability. The car has a unique hood, a WRC-inspired front bumper and a unique adjustable rear wing.
The origin of the name 22B has often been debated. Many assume 22 referred to the 2.2 liter displacement and the B was for the Bilstein suspension. This would correlate with the idea that Subaru sells a Legacy Spec B, where the B represents the Bilstein suspension. Others believe that 22B was meant to represent the much recognized 555 decal (555 is a tobacco company that was a major sponsor for Subaru in the WRC) on the WRC car as 22B is a hexadecimal representation of the decimal number, 555.
It must be noted that the 22B STi that is supposed to be #13 was never given the plaque. Subaru of America imported #13 to be used as a press car. Three 22B STis were given the #000 plaque, 2 went to the World Rally car drivers for Subaru at the time Colin McRae and Nicky Grist, with the third being used by Subaru Japan as their press car. It was widely rumored David Lapworth of Prodrive owned the third #000 car, however he actually owned #400.[8]

22B Type UK (1998)
16 of the 'export' 22Bs (see above) were modified by Prodrive, with longer gear ratios, UK specification lights and an official 3 year warranty. Because 50 22Bs had already been imported privately into the UK, Subaru UK had to wait until 1999 to register the 22B Type UKs under the VCA's Single Vehicle Approval scheme. The price was £39,950, approximately the same price that grey import 22Bs were being sold for.

Last edited:

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Cheers for that Sanchez. But i still think 30K is just crazy. I dont mean to offend but to me thats worth no more then £8-£10K.....

I guess its down to its background not the actual car. And that obviously means alot to some people which is fair enough.

sanchez

Member +
No probs Dan, yeah i know what you mean, but if you saw one on the road, its looks amazing dude, theres a bloke near me that only brings his out in the summer and only on sunny days, and my god its gorgeous.

It may be my dream car but i know i will never own one lol, i will settle for a nice typr r, still 2 door which is how a scooby should be in my eyes, and can get a mint one for like 8k
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/814856.htm

or a uk p1
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1902049.htm

Last edited:

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.

There is one knocking about down my way. Have seen it once or twice. if ever there was a car that pictures dont do justice its one of these. Stunning cars in the flesh. Was parked on the main street one day and i must of stood there for ten mins looking at it:eek:.

One day Derek:drive:

Galen

Lifer
I cant believe that theres people on here who dont seem to know what a 22B is!:confused: No offence or anything just find it strange!