Spark plug laeds keep popping off under boost

thechomper

Member +
How's it going lads ,my GT has started popping a spark plug lead out under boost ,i asked a mechanic and he reckons its the O ring gasket is gone around the plug and when the pressure builds it pops it out ,he recommend replacing the rocker cover gasket and spark plug O rings,Any other ideas why it is happening ,it first started happening on cylinder 2 ,swapped the plugs around and it move to cylinder 1,also as anyone got aftermarket part numbers for the gasket set i need if it is the problem

Rory

Lifer
I had this problem aswell.

I just made sure i let all the air out the plug tube, by lifting the square part after pushing them on.

thechomper

Member +
I had this problem aswell.

I just made sure i let all the air out the plug tube, by lifting the square part after pushing them on.

Hi Rory ,ill give that a go as i was pushing the plugs the full way in ,should i just slighty lift a corner of the square part to let the air out,what do you think of the mechanic suggestions ,do you think it could be to do with the spark plug O rings if the problem continues

TheStarletGT

Member +
The obvious problem is as you say, leads come off on boost, so i will advise you to make sure your spark plugs are tight, literally. I've seen spark plugs tightened less than hand tightened. Its got nothing to do with the air pocket inside that area as mentioned by others.

Either your spark plugs are loose or you have a cracked head.

thechomper

Member +
what do you think of the idea that it could be the O ring which is gone,i have tightend the spark plugs ,were there is a enough resistence ,but have'nt gone to town by over tighing them,i think they are in tight enough