Spark plug malfuction??

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Ok after todays problems I've been inspecting my spark plugs.

The plugs in question are HKS M45i (Heat 9 Irdiums gapped to 0.6mm)

2 of the plugs are fine, 1 of them the electrode looks almost bent and shorter/damaged, and another one of them the electrode is very very short/ gone.

Now these plugs would be lucky to have seen 200 miles, the car is running very little power now compaird to its old 400+hp setup.

Also on ALL of the plugs the isulator is pure white and very clean, however the metal after the isulator towards the edge of the plug is black black black and 1/4 the way up the threads is black.

Also all of the washers for the plugs had to be removed before fitting the new plugs due to the old washers from previous plugs being kind of welded/stuck to the head! I assume the extreme heat from nitrous/high boost has done this. Any suggestions to remove them?

Last edited:

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Aye never had any trouble with NGK ones.

Trying to motovate myself here to get up and go get a set of plugs to try out.

AzE_B

Member +
I had Krissy m40s in mine pulled them out to give them back to him and on of electrodes was missing lol it wasn't miss firing too. I think I'm just guna try coppers I'm it

Last edited:

Chris@CCM

Member +
I had Krissy m40s in mine pulled them out to give them back to him and on of electrodes was missing lol it wasn't miss firing too. I think I'm just guna try coppers I'm it

bkr8e with a .6mm gap ;) or bcpr8es with 0.6 mm gap too

Last edited:

KrissyB

Member +

oh yeh i gotta email bob about that, not good really dude.