spark plug seals

shorestyle

Fresh Recruit
So I recently took my valve cover in for powdercoating. Came back and they took off all the seals and pcv valve. Got a new pcv valve and got the spark plug seals but don't know which way they go in. Obviously the seals aren't seated in the photos, just mocked up. Here are the 2 options:

Option 1:
This side up:
photo12.jpg

photo15.jpg

Option 2:
This side up:
photo13.jpg

photo14.jpg

And here's a shot of the 3 color powdercoating:

photo16.jpg

Any help would be great. Thanks.

shorestyle

Fresh Recruit
Thanks man!

Option 1 is what I'm thinking too. But can anyone confirm or deny this for sure? Better safe than sorry.

dac69er

Super Moderator
i would say option 2 tbh. if not the tightest part of the seal may not be gripping on the plug tube as it may be too high up. then it would leak. im sure someone will have a cam cover laying about with the seals still fitted. cant remember which way round i fitted mine when i changed them

350ep70gr

Member +
The seal has a spring at the iner diametre wich hold the seal tight to the tube? If yes then this spring is from the inside of the rocker cover.
If it has some numbers on it then the numbers goes to the outside of the cover.

Chris

shorestyle

Fresh Recruit
Already fitted and guessed option 1. Looks like I was right as my spark plug tubes are try. Thanks guys. Reps given.

shorestyle

Fresh Recruit
That cover looks sweet mate, how much that cost :)
Option 1 looks the senseable choice.
About $300 Canadian. Well worth it.

I hear the masking process for powdercoating is something else...

Like I said, this is the first time the place I went to has ever done 3 colors and they did a fantastic job.