Spark Plugs?

Paul-GlzV

Member +
some ppl wud religiously change every 3/5k? well thats wat i've been told an do this myself. depends on condition really pull them out see how they are an check resolved topics on spark plug condition? will giv u an idea on condition of plug an engine i.e normal, rich/lean,piston rings worn ect????

CMR

Member +
If they look fine no need to change them every 5k, every year is fine unless you have a misfire/ignition problem etc!

Paul-GlzV

Member +
turbo cars can eat plugs tho in this space of time if they see a constant bootin?? mates hav had 200sx's evo's scoob's that even meltin plugs from constant abuse in this space of time?? but as i said if fine no need to change?? i neva said do it that often????

CMR

Member +
turbo cars can eat plugs tho in this space of time if they see a constant bootin?? mates hav had 200sx's evo's scoob's that even meltin plugs from constant abuse in this space of time?? but as i said if fine no need to change?? i neva said do it that often????

Well you said thats what you do, I just said its not really needed. No need for all the question marks.. I was only giving my opinion ;)

as for melting, they need a higher heat range then maybe

Phil

Super Moderator
ive heard of alot of the expensive plugs melting, couple of guys with 200sx melted hks and some othere expensive jap make for fun. colder NGK and they are smiling!

Phil

Fro

Member +
Can anyone help me here,
My car had heat range 8 plugs in when i bought it, but only realised this after i had bought a service kit with grade7 plugs. I will be fitting my hybrid ct9 with emanage etc looking for 1.1 bar, will the grade 7 plugs be ok?

Cheers

(sorry for hijack :) )

1998glanzav

Member +
Can anyone help me here,
My car had heat range 8 plugs in when i bought it, but only realised this after i had bought a service kit with grade7 plugs. I will be fitting my hybrid ct9 with emanage etc looking for 1.1 bar, will the grade 7 plugs be ok?

Cheers

(sorry for hijack :) )

Grade 7 will be fine :)