Speed camera detection device

akyakapotter

Member +
Just got a letter :-( looks like in getting 3points and a fine hopefully they offer me the speed awareness course back to the point as above what do you guys use snooper road angel ect as don't want no more fines ect I know people will say dont speed but every one dose it thanks in advance nick

rab

Lifer
Just got a letter :-( looks like in getting 3points and a fine hopefully they offer me the speed awareness course back to the point as above what do you guys use snooper road angel ect as don't want no more fines ect I know people will say dont speed but every one dose it thanks in advance nick

i think you have to ring them up and ask for the course a guy i know had to do it last week

Texx

Super Moderator
You'll only be offered the course if you currently have a clean license and AFAIK it costs £60 which is payable on the day.

dac69er

Super Moderator
just be more careful in future. agreed, most, if not all of us speed at some point. the trick is to do it in a safe manner and be aware of what is going on.

akyakapotter

Member +
to be fair i didnt see the guy was on a police bike stood there in black uniform didnt even no he was there till i got right up to him :-( not bad going 5years of driving and this is the first time ill have had points

dac69er

Super Moderator
to be fair i didnt see the guy was on a police bike stood there in black uniform didnt even no he was there till i got right up to him :-( not bad going 5years of driving and this is the first time ill have had points

over 9 years and ive never had any points ;) over 10 if you count my first year having a moped!

im sure ill get caught eventually, but been ok so far!

stavros

Member +
I think there is a limit with regard to the course. I know down here its +10% and 9mph. I got done not too long ago doing 42mph in a 30 at 5am. I was on the cutoff of being sent on the course. After you reply to the first letter admitting it was you, you'll be offered the speed awareness course (subject to speed etc). Different regions vary on the cost, down here its £80 for the course or £60 and 3points. You only get offered the course once every three years, so if you get caught again within three years they wont offer the course.

I've got my course in a couple of weeks, will let you know how it goes.