Speedo cable lubrication?

starbogt

Member +
Is it possible to lubricate the cable or something? I'm finding that I'm getting a rotational squeaking when moving only, its coming from behind the speedo I took it off recently and the cable only pushes on to the back is this correct cos as soon as the speedo housing dropped forwards the cable fell off! any help would be appreciated. It may have something missing?

59bhp

Member +
well ive had my speedo cable off the back of the speedo, it does push on but it should click into place. its like a little plastic thing at the end of your cable and when you push it on it should click into place, its kinda hard to explain.

has it not broken or anything? have you tried just greasing the end?

rb69

Member +
Yeah like 59 said, the speedo cable should click back in, its like a plug. You'll know when it's clicked in. Have you check the other bits of your dash surround? You might have a loose screw and that could cause it to squeak.

starbogt

Member +
I never completely removed my clocks I was looking for any loose screws as there was a rattling but when the clocks came forward I noticed the speedo cable off so I pressed it on but ever since I've had a rotating noise. I guess I'll have to remove the clocks this weekend and check it all out.