Speedo Sender Unit/Gearbox :S

ralphy

Member +
Hey guys,

First of all my speedo is not working,

I have purchashed a new speedo cable from a broken ep91 with sender unit, i have now removed my cable from box and removed the mph converter leaving this:

5osfh5.jpg

^ i cannot remove this to check if the teeth on sender unit are still in reasonable shape :S Any suggestions on how to remove this part !! I am also wondering becoz i have a OEM LSD box wondering if i have the right part for this box :S i will up load some pics to show what i have :)

2zel0zc.jpg

205z18l.jpg

20fursg.jpg

141x05.jpg

aniki8.jpg

Cheers Mike

danturbo4311

Member +
Only way Iv removed the speedo unit was when the box off the car & opened up then tap it up from the inside, as they can be very tight coming out & if you pull it to much from the top you could break the speedo unit casing. Although I wouldnt take the box off just to change that, best bet is to just persist with trying to tap it up slowly, obviously remove the bolt first lol. I see in one of the photos you have a kph to mph converter have you tried fitting the speedo cable without that to see if it reads in kph. As Iv personally not had any problems with the speedo unit inside the box normally its the converter. If it works in kph you no inside the box is sweet & you only have to strip down or replace the converter.

Last edited:

ralphy

Member +
Only way Iv removed the speedo unit was when the box off the car & opened up then tap it up from the inside, as they can be very tight coming out & if you pull it to much from the top you could break the speedo unit casing. Although I wouldnt take the box off just to change that, best bet is to just persist with trying to tap it up slowly, obviously remove the bolt first lol. I see in one of the photos you have a kph to mph converter have you tried fitting the speedo cable without that to see if it reads in kph. As Iv personally not had any problems with the speedo unit inside the box normally its the converter. If it works in kph you no inside the box is sweet & you only have to strip down or replace the converter.

All fixed - reseated everything seems to work fine now.