speedvision cam question

blakchiney

Member +
i have a pair of speed vision cams under my bed that have been colecting dust. i always hear that these cams are just drop in cams. but dont these cams have to be dialed in ?

billybob

Untrusted Seller
i have a pair of speed vision cams under my bed that have been colecting dust. i always hear that these cams are just drop in cams. but dont these cams have to be dialed in ?

when did you buy these cams as the new bacth people are having problems with them

blakchiney

Member +
when did you buy these cams as the new bacth people are having problems with them

i bought them from some one that ordered them a little while back. since this year tho.

i think they need to be dialed in as they were making less power when they installed it in the prervious car they were in

where can i get an adjustable cam gear? or will i have to "make" one

Ted

Member +
main problem was the gear locator dowel on the exhaust cam was in the wrong place meaning the exhaust cam was never in sync with the intake-so couldnt be dialled in with an adjustable pulley. im still waiting for my replacement cam :(

ryan-11

Member +
main problem was the gear locator dowel on the exhaust cam was in the wrong place meaning the exhaust cam was never in sync with the intake-so couldnt be dialled in with an adjustable pulley. im still waiting for my replacement cam :(

Ted, i got a pm from Sam the other day say the cams were stuck in customs. So hopefully they will be here soon.

blakchiney

Member +

i dont have that problem with the dowel. it fits. i have seen it fit.

what i wanna know is if these cams need dialing in as i know not all cams will need this, and if so where can i get an adjustable cam gear.

Rory

Lifer
I dont think your understanding here,
The dowel has been placed in the wrong position, not so the pulley wont fit on, but the angle from the original timing marks.

My set was half a tooth out,on the mesh gear, so pretty much no use,

Remember if you adjust the exhaust cam, you will adjust the intake cam the same amount ;)

i dont have that problem with the dowel. it fits. i have seen it fit.

what i wanna know is if these cams need dialing in as i know not all cams will need this, and if so where can i get an adjustable cam gear.

Ted

Member +
have a look at your exhaust cam, the location of the gear dowel compared to the pulley dowell on the end of the cam should be consistent with the stock item, if not they wont time up, adjustable pulley or not.