speedvision cams

fastglanza

Member +
no 95% sure they're "plug n play" like stock cams (in terms of installation) and i think u just have to add on the cam gears

just double check the valve clearance

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
well i think if you change valve springs and you have all other gear that you need to rev it a bit more probably youl get more power with these cams..

TurboDave

Member +
well i think if you change valve springs and you have all other gear that you need to rev it a bit more probably youl get more power with these cams..

Depends on what turbo, all CT9 power graphs plumit by 7200rpm so there is no need to rev it anymore as peak power has already been achiveved.

finx

Member +
there any many factors people forget to think about when upgrading camshafts.

on a turbo vehicle you need higher lift cams minimal duration increase and as little valve overlap as possible. a slight duration increase is inevitable but is not entirely what you are after, as with a turbo engine you want as much exhaust side pressure and heat as possible to spool the turbo, by increasing the duration and valve overlap allot of this built up exhaust pressure is lost causing longer turbo spool times and lagg.

with higher lift cams you will require stronger valve springs.
with any aftermarket cams you will need to re shim the valve clearances if you want it to get max results and last the distance.
you will also need to dial the cams in using a dial gauge to get the max output of the new cams
the new cams need to be assembled using the correct assembaly lube
and they must be run in correctly of risk of premature cam lobe failure can be caused.

with a 4efte and the scissor gear set up running the intake cam off the exhaust cam you are not going to be able to gain allot from using an adjustable cam gear as you will only be adjusting both cams at the same time. it will be more used as a mean of slightly adjusting the power band more than getting the most out of the camshafts better characteristics.

so i dont need a adjustable pulley for the belt, ive had all the shims checked and they are bang on and have been checked and refitted by nick jones with uprated valve springs, bacially i want to know whos got these cams so i can ask them what pulley they have

D3N0

Member +
ive got these cams, still not mapped yet and as you can see im using nicks vernia cam pully.

DSC00183.jpg

DSC00181.jpg

finx

Member +
so i dont need a adjustable pulley for the belt, ive had all the shims checked and they are bang on and have been checked and refitted by nick jones with uprated valve springs, bacially i want to know whos got these cams so i can ask them what pulley they have

no you dont need an adjustable pulley.

the only thing you will acheive by an adjustable pulley on an e series toyota engine is moving the power curve up or down the rev range a small amount. you are adjusting both cams at the same time because of the scissor gear arrangement used. so no extra power can actually be extracted.

gedis

Member +
there any many factors people forget to think about when upgrading camshafts.

on a turbo vehicle you need higher lift cams minimal duration increase and as little valve overlap as possible. a slight duration increase is inevitable but is not entirely what you are after, as with a turbo engine you want as much exhaust side pressure and heat as possible to spool the turbo, by increasing the duration and valve overlap allot of this built up exhaust pressure is lost causing longer turbo spool times and lagg.

with higher lift cams you will require stronger valve springs.
with any aftermarket cams you will need to re shim the valve clearances if you want it to get max results and last the distance.
you will also need to dial the cams in using a dial gauge to get the max output of the new cams
the new cams need to be assembled using the correct assembaly lube
and they must be run in correctly of risk of premature cam lobe failure can be caused.

with a 4efte and the scissor gear set up running the intake cam off the exhaust cam you are not going to be able to gain allot from using an adjustable cam gear as you will only be adjusting both cams at the same time. it will be more used as a mean of slightly adjusting the power band more than getting the most out of the camshafts better characteristics.

but say skiping a tooth in between the cams and then do final adjustments with puley work better?