spool

spudep91

Member +
there is 2 mybe 3 small blow outs in my mani would this efected the spool time that much. they are bout pin size blow outs. plus what other things could i do to get it on full boost faster. thanks in advance:drive:

Skalabala

Member +
Every little bit helps :)
Head work with cams can score you 300RPM :D
Shortest smoothest inter cooler pipe set up.
After market stand alone tuned correctly.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
best mod to give you faster spool up is an electronic boost controller. My personal record before it came off the road was 1bar of boost on a CT9 at 2100rpm, that was with, Aftermarket Manifold, De-cat, Straight through exhaust with a HKS Back box and ported and polished head. had a blitz SBC ID-3 with gain set to 15.

Texx

Super Moderator
I get 0.82BAR by 1800rpm in 2nd gear with a CT9a and a Blitz SBC-iD, it'll hold that to the rev limit in 4th gear. I've not checked the boost drop off in 5th though, a longer stretch of private road would be required for that.

Percy01

Member +
when do you get full boost mate? i have the same problem as you not hitting any noticably powerfull boost till after 4.5k rpm and fukll hits at about 5.7k rpm all the way to limit, tried loads new actuator adjustable, no problems with vaccum hoses and also have electronic valve control (HKS) only thing i think left to put it down to in small cracks in manifold and problems with the gaskets??

Percy01

Member +
mines even later than yours then! i been looking to buy another manifold to see if thats my problem... i also have a seized shut Dump valve so that wont help :/