Spuddy had a bit of fun today testing outside ECC.

John@ECC

Lifer
Spuddy just done a few test launch's outside our place to see what rpm we needed to get it off the line at before sunday's racing and to see if anything would break immediately, but thankfully it didnt.

Video:

Below pics with me driving.
1st gear
7189d949.jpg

2nd gear
983abb2d.jpg

3rd gear
5db0bb3a.jpg

After coming back the brakes looked like this
a197435c.jpg

danb87

South East England Area Rep
spuddy, are you running uprated shafts or cv joints? im havin problems again with cv joints not holding up. only time the car wheels spins is 2nd gear an i hardly boot it about an never rip it off line. but cv joints seem too be going very easy,

sorry too go off subject dude, just thought best asking someone with alot of power.

is there any other cv joing that would fit? thats stronger etc?

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Hmm strange, only ever had one fail on me, I just use blueprint ones, I just keep some spare incase but not really had issues.

TRD used to make uprated ones but not sure if they can still be got.

danb87

Hmm strange, only ever had one fail on me, I just use blueprint ones, I just keep some spare incase but not really had issues.

TRD used to make uprated ones but not sure if they can still be got.

Yea neither i or my mechanic can understand why, people have said wheel spin causes them too go, but as i said i dont rag it from first, an accelerate in 2nd n up harder. I noticed it kind of judders more than spins, which i assume would be the lsd an tyres doing there job right? Well in the dry anyway.

Thanks

turbostar

Member +
Arr kewl, its jap show tomo at santa pod, would have been intresting to see
If u was over hear, neva mind let us know how u get on. :)

venomconcepts

Member +
i really wish you the best of luck for tommorow
ps i noticed that your gt is with a sun roof i can send you a very light one so that you can remove all the things for the sun roof and replace it with a fake one just pm me and i send you some pics .i have it on my car
cheers

dac69er

Super Moderator
Yea neither i or my mechanic can understand why, people have said wheel spin causes them too go, but as i said i dont rag it from first, an accelerate in 2nd n up harder. I noticed it kind of judders more than spins, which i assume would be the lsd an tyres doing there job right? Well in the dry anyway.

Thanks

the juddering you talk about sounds like it is just on the edge of spinning the wheels up and keeps gripping and loosing grip. this does alot more damage to CV joints as well as the rest of the transmission than just spinning them straight up ;)

danb87

sounds like shagged engine mounts to me..

the juddering you talk about sounds like it is just on the edge of spinning the wheels up and keeps gripping and loosing grip. this does alot more damage to CV joints as well as the rest of the transmission than just spinning them straight up ;)

again sorry too spam,

weakboy, engine mounts are basically new. covered less than 1000 miles an there polyflex ones. engines solid. yea when i described this too my mechanic he said this is more damaging than just spinning. he said might be worth changing the lower arm bushes as they need doing. turns out it was the cv gaiter had split, lost all its grease.

but i plan too overhaul some shafts an see how i get on with them :)

thanks again now back too spuds car

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
i really wish you the best of luck for tommorow
ps i noticed that your gt is with a sun roof i can send you a very light one so that you can remove all the things for the sun roof and replace it with a fake one just pm me and i send you some pics .i have it on my car
cheers

PM'd! Was going to reshell to get rid of the sunroof, unbelivable how heavy it is, just the glass and the frame the glass is in weighs 12kgs! Nevermind all the other rigmarol!