stand alone or piggy back ecu

dazza ep91

Member +
hello on my new ep91 that i just got its got the greedy e-manager blue kit with 330cc inject and 255 fule pump and posibale uprated turbo. is it better to have the piggy back ecu or get an apexi or simlar stand alone ecu?

Spoonz

Member +
keep that mate its very good unless u have a few k for a motec the blue is has good has the power fc

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
As above really, if your going for 350hp + then standalone would be preferable for the optimum tune but the piggy back will more than suffice for anything less, some even run in excess of 300hp with the blue/ultimate. Whats the spec of your car? :)

T

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
ok put it this way, its all down to how fussy u are really, i found the emanage ultimate waaaaaaay better than the power fc, well put it this way the pfc is decades old & has alot of features that most modern day ecus dont have..

whoever asks i always reccomend the EMU.. its true till u get it sorted its a BITCH.. but once thats sorted tuning is a piece of pie! & definately the easiest software (unless it starts making u swear lol) it does all the calculations for u all u need to do is insert the % increase & it calculates the duration & duty cylce for u :)

not to mention it has individual cylinder calibration & many many other features!

kon

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Yeah agreed we find them great units by far our best seller with regards to management, we used one on demo no2 worked a treat. Kon is bang on the money really..

T

dazza ep91

Member +
As above really, if your going for 350hp + then standalone would be preferable for the optimum tune but the piggy back will more than suffice for anything less, some even run in excess of 300hp with the blue/ultimate. Whats the spec of your car? :)

T

thanks you guys think i might stay with the piggy back for a while.

the cars specs are

hks silent hi-power exhaust
walbro 255 pump
330cc injectors
decat
coated mani
hks cone induction
hks acturator
blitz bov
rx-7 tmic
hks fcd
blitz dual solenoid sped r boost controller
blitz fatt-x turbo timer
full greedy e-manager blure kit
feild harness
splitfire leads and earthing kit.

posibal upgraded turbo cant tell.

there is more but this is the main stuff

dac69er

Super Moderator
ok put it this way, its all down to how fussy u are really, i found the emanage ultimate waaaaaaay better than the power fc, well put it this way the pfc is decades old & has alot of features that most modern day ecus dont have..

but you have to remember the ecu in the starlet is 2 decades old now! the starlets ecu isnt very advanced really, nothing compared to newer cars so i dont believe in that comment entirely.

agreed, the newer ecus have more features and stuff but how many people really use all those extra bits?

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
but you have to remember the ecu in the starlet is 2 decades old now! the starlets ecu isnt very advanced really, nothing compared to newer cars so i dont believe in that comment entirely.

agreed, the newer ecus have more features and stuff but how many people really use all those extra bits?

well u do have a point, however with the ep91 ecu (can only comment on this as i havent tried on an ep82) u can use 90% of all the features... then again if u want to be able to use all the features its a little complex as u need to adjust a little wireing, for example converting to sequential or group injection etc..

something as far as im aware the pfc cant do..

anyways, its really down to software & usebility, whats the point of having a standalone when the EMU can do all the same things + has more features like launch control?

just my thoughts dunc :)
kon

dac69er

Super Moderator
i know what you mean mate. but for most people all they need is a map to suit their tune. all the launch control and other things like that are just extras really and it depends what you want out of the unit really.

like you say, to get lot of the more advanced features extra wiring is needed. so for a like for like swap both types of unit are pretty similar feature wise.

its like anything, depends what you want

Fishy89GT

Banned
anyways, its really down to software & usebility, whats the point of having a standalone when the EMU can do all the same things + has more features like launch control?

just my thoughts dunc :)
kon

you also have to take into account the person who is mapping it....if your clever you can get pfc's do some impressive stuff.....the equivilant of launch control on normal pfc's...

ariff

Fresh Recruit
go standalone....i've used a few piggys before this...n its ok only but not great...u go standalone and thrs no limit for tuning...