standard clutch

dac69er

Super Moderator
if its in really good condition if driven carefully it would probably put up with 200bhp for a year or so, maybe.

if driven hard, not very long even on stock power

corofin12345

Member +
oh god i dont know about that.. ive an exedy standard replacement in mine and its starting to slip now.. 6 months at 160bhp.. :mad:

Last edited:

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
I blew apart 2 standard clutches but it was around 210-220 before the map so its to be expected,although they did go into about 15 pieces,once i did it accelerating while passing a lorry,then other time was just taking off from a cross at about 3 quarter throttle

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.
Was told by several people when looking into clutch choice for my car that the standard can handle a slight increase in power reliably, any more and it wont last long at all especially if driven any way hard.

glanza123

Member +
oh god i dont know about that.. ive an exedy standard replacement in mine and its starting to slip now.. 6 months at 160bhp.. :mad:

not a hope would it take a hybrid at 1 bar so then??? will have to try and find the money for an exedy organic so
because mine is slipping very bad

corofin12345

Member +
Was told by several people when looking into clutch choice for my car that the standard can handle a slight increase in power reliably, any more and it wont last long at all especially if driven any way hard.

i second that.. the standard clutch disc was designed to handle the stock power reliably but like anything made for a car it can take a little more.. i wasnt impressed but the exedy standard replacment cause even when it was good while dog shifting the engine would rev before the power was put down followed by a distinct smell of burning clutch... how ever i did like the organic clutch from exedy.. sure a bit of judder at low revs but well able for 200bhp..(my mate had one in his)

dac69er

Super Moderator
i never get any judder with my organic. its a bit of a harder pedal, but its a nice clutch to drive with.