standard ecu differences

ollygtir

Member +
alright i've lately removed the dastek out of my car and now it wont run right with the standard ecu. i know there can be slight differences between the ecu's but what are they? i know the engine has been changed in the car but why does it run all crappy. its just hunting really bad. plus throttle wont come down from 1.5k and it doesn't come down straight away. it like hesitates then slowly drops. if anyone can shine any light on this that would be sweet.olly

Chris@CCM

Member +
i would not think its any thing to do with the ecu more like a wiring prob from when the dastek was removed

azerty

Supermoderator
I would think wiring trouble aswell. if the ECU was faulty, you would have noticed when dasteck piggyback was there too...

Timmy

Member +
better go through all the wires looking of uninsulated bit of wire and check that no wires are completely cut thru.

Damage

Member +
Check the distributor timing mate. Had a GT with one of these and the distributor was retarded all the way back. Took the piggyback off and adjusted the timing and was running nicely ;)

ollygtir

Member +
pucker lads. will check this at the weekend. i did check all the wiring but then again there had been so many things installed into this cars loom it was un-real. i took nearly a whole tesco bag full out of it. will check the timing at the weekend. cheers for the help.olly