Standard injectors to 360cc...fuel pressure?

George611

Member +
Right I'm going to change my injectors to 360's I'm currently running 2.9bar fuel pressure slightly higher as there was a strange lean spot in the map. I'm changing them now because one is leaking slightly and I feel they're past there day

My question is will I have to adjust the fuel pressure if I put the bigger ones in? Or will the fuel press. change dramatically? In going to get it on the dyno within the next couple weeks but until then jus wanna make sure it's alright.

Oh and I'm running td04 at 0.8bar ATM with SARD FPR jus for some added info.

Thanks.

AdamB

Member +
It will most likely run rich, but better to be rich than lean. What was your AFR like on your existing setup with the stock injectors?

weeJohn

Lifer
I think 360s would be to big for your set up with a stock ecu, 330s would give better results but a rich idle as well.

Where abouts was the lean spot, could it be a fuel pump issue?

George611

Member +
Had a feeling it would run rich tbh jus wasnt sure how bad, my AFR was terrible! 10.6 almost blanking the sensor off! was worse before we started tweaking too. the lean spot it at 2700rpm i think il dig my graph out and get a picture up.
Il be changing management soon and getting it all sorted out so not to fussed if it runs richer for a little while jus dont want to end up washing the bores.

Fuel pump crossed my mind aswell tbh walbros have been knows to piss about n fail but i might be changing that soon anyway going external fuel system with ally fuel cell.

AdamB

Member +
At 10.6 AFR you most probably are washing the bores of fuel.
I would recommend looking into some programmable management, will give such a better drive.

Rev

Member +
Its good to know what 360's you have there are some 195500-2130 that flow tested at 14.6ohm 420cc at 3 bar not the usual 360cc. With these I had black smoke at idle usually means 9.0 afr and that was with stock fuel pressure. Re fuel wash I would also kept your oil in good condition to try to minimize fuel dilution.