standard map sensor

sam starlet

Member +
hi guys,
what boost can you run on the standard map sensor?

I may be wrong but is the highest 1.5 bar?

cheers guys

sam

dac69er

Super Moderator
the standard map sensor can read anything up to about 1.2 bar if your lucky.

mine reads a max of about 1.12 accoding to my power fc.

i wouldnt trust its accuracy much at that end of its scale though.

sam starlet

Member +
ok i also have a power fc and im looking at running 1.5 1.7 bar in a couple of weeks when mapping, what do i need to do then to be safe.

many thanks
sam

dac69er

Super Moderator
upgrade your map sensor mate. you will need a 3 bar map sensor.

you can use a GM map sensor, these can be got from ebay.

or if you can get hold of a rev 3 3sgte map sensor from an mr2 or gt4 then you can run use that.

failing both of them, you can get the genuine apexi 3 bar sensor which plugs straight in

i dont have the hand commander i only have the ecu its self, i was just gna get it mapped once and forget about it.

Well the tuner can do it aswell with the software. I was only telling you that you can do it using the hand commander if you wanted to plug it in and get to the tuner. if you bring it with you when your getting it tuned it literally only takes a few seconds to change

sam starlet

Member +
ok brilliant and just clarify dude, that will plug straight in and work, the tuner will then change it over for me on power fc, and i can then run what up to 2 bar? or is 1.5bar as high as they can?

It wont just plug in, you will have to cut off the connector on your loom that plugs into the standard map sensor and fit the supplied connector that comes with it so it can plug into that sensor but whether it will actually work after you don that, I couldn't say for sure. If I was to guess then I would say no because its a MOTEC unit but I could be totally wrong