Standard rebuild

lingl9z

Member +
How much is a standard engine rebuild? and how much isit to get the headgasket sorted? just want to see difference in prices...

Thanks

lingl9z

Member +
Basicly i want to compare the price of an engine rebuild to getting a head gasket done, i know it probably sounds stupid but i know what i mean, if you could get me a price for a standard engine rebuild and the price of getting headgasket done inc skimming of head and block if needed etc!

Big_Daddy

Member +
Basicly i want to compare the price of an engine rebuild to getting a head gasket done, i know it probably sounds stupid but i know what i mean, if you could get me a price for a standard engine rebuild and the price of getting headgasket done inc skimming of head and block if needed etc!

a normal headgasket can vary from 150 to 500, plus different types of headgaskt availble.

lingl9z

Member +
a normal headgasket can vary from 150 to 500, plus different types of headgaskt availble.

I just want a standard toyota headgasket etc nothing fancy heard there pretty good anyways? ive been quoted around 500 from a few for a head gasket so was thinking how much it'd be for a standard rebuild as im pretty sure its not going to be that much more ( i hope lol ) since trevor does forged ones for 1300 iirc?

A standard head gasket if i remember right it about 40/50 quid. when i got my head skimmed at halloween it cost me 35 quid. You will need a new inlet gasket as well just to be safe. You could buy new gaskets for the thermostat housing but i just used hermotite, does the job rightly.

Plus then the time and labour to do it, unless you do it urself.

Unless you take the engine out of the car the block cannot be skimmed. So if your geting the blocked skimmed you mite as well rebuild the whole engine as you have to take it completly to bits.

A cost on a standard rebuild.. how long is a piece of string basically? There is so many bits you could keep and could replace with new parts that a cost would be hard to say. Some people would stick a set of rings in with new gaskets and let it go. other would buy new pistons, rings, regrind valves, new oil pump etc etc

hard to say on the cost of a standard rebuild.

Jonny

lingl9z

Member +
Cheers buddy, was thinking the engine would have to come out to skim the block so thought i might aswell replace some parts if it did, i just dont wanna get a headgasket done, spend a bomb and then a piston goes! anyway you could a rought price for a full engine rebuild? replacing basicly everything you would if forging, only keeping it standard parts etc?

rep.

Replacing basicaslly everything that can be replaced with new standard parts?

I would imagine parts alone would cost a good 500/600 quid maybe more.

Its something ive never thoguht of, it could be half that price or it could be double it but i doubt that very much. lol

Thats a very very rough guess for i dont honestly no. lol

lingl9z

Member +
will let you know buddy, depends how much it'll cost to get engine put in, will enquire and let you know, inless anyone on here can do it for me?

nexia201

Member +
mine cost about 470 euro to rebuilt i changed : pistons + rings + main bearings + head gasket all from toyota and that is including labour and engine oil which was something like 170 euro.

lingl9z

Member +
mine cost about 470 euro to rebuilt i changed : pistons + rings + main bearings + head gasket all from toyota and that is including labour and engine oil which was something like 170 euro.

Cheers Nexia, doesnt seem so steep tbh!

stop being lazy and DIY lol:p

you could fit it in a afternoon and it'll cost feck all:cool:

Hmmm i don't trust my self, ill get the engine in and think crap forgot to do this, then it'll be back out again lol =) Come do it for me? ^_^