starlet gi won't start!

dj-rix

Member +
my starlet gi was previously running fine, it has sat on my drive for a few months with battery disconnected. went to start it today and it turns over but doesn't start at all. getting spark from all the plugs, also has fuel in the injector rail, the tank is half full (i topped it up with about £10 fresh fuel today)
what else should i check?

dj-rix

Member +
already tried jump leads with my mates car, it didn't work, it just made the car turn over slightly faster..

dac69er

Super Moderator
a fuse gone? have you tried an ecu fault code check to see if it brings up anything?

when you say there is fuel in the rail, have you actually proved the fuel pump is pumping the fuel round? the fuel in the rail cold just be residual fuel from last time it was used

Skalabala

Member +
Not to sure of there where you live but if a car stands for a long time then rats seem to find wires very tasty!

Paul_JJ

Member +
My couldn't start today, after I drove it for half an hour... It was crancking and the battery is fine and the fuel pressure is good - I can see it on the gauge, but even then it would not start for about 1-2 min. THen I tried to start again and it started instantly, no idea... why would it happen???

Skalabala

Member +
Relay?
Try to prime the injectors a few times before swinging?
Bad electrical connection is also a common problem,
connection works but when starter is drawing the amps then the rest does not get enough power to work like it should.