starlet harness bar ????

Got.Boost

Fresh Recruit
Hello everyone

has anyone made a harness bar for the starlets as would really like one for my v

thanks got.boost

dac69er

Super Moderator
its been spoken about, but i have never seen one in a starlet. i plan on making one when i have time.

malcolmgt

Member +
alot of people use the seat belt mounts but isnt this very very dangerous? something about being to long so when you crash they strangle you?

dac69er

Super Moderator
no, they pull downwards on the seat and then the seat breaks your back when it folds in two. would have to be a pretty bad impact, but it can still happen.

this is why i want to make a harness bar ;)

weeJohn

Lifer
What about using the C pillar mounts, as long as its a proper bucket seat and the harnesses are adjusted correctly it should be safe.

Rory

Lifer
Only happens in a normal seat. If you have a proper bucket seat you wont have a problem if the belts are anywhere in the -45 degree range from horizontal. ;)
Harnesses in normal seats is an accident waiting to happen IMO.

no, they pull downwards on the seat and then the seat breaks your back when it folds in two. would have to be a pretty bad impact, but it can still happen.

this is why i want to make a harness bar ;)

malcolmgt

Member +
swear i saw a build thread the other day and someone had one, looked like i was a nice bar aswell not just your average metal bar