starting problem and error code

CONDOMEN

Fresh Recruit
I thinks AFS is air/fuel sensor. Maybe your injector wires is loose or the earthing is bad.
does the car crank? Does it sparks?...

dac69er

Super Moderator
afs is the air flow sensor. your car doesnt have one so its the map sensor. its probably fuel cut related.

ragz

Member +
car wont even start, turns over tho got sparks coming from the leads and plugs tried everything possible plugs leads dissy the lot

someone help

dac69er

Super Moderator
if it is a bit iffy, or the wiring is dodgy or has some damp in it then it could cause starting problems. reset the ecu and see how it goes if it re-appears then look into that, if not its probably fuel cut related or due to something being uplugged at sometime

ragz

Member +
tried a map sensor from another GT still wont start did another diagnostic test with that map sensor on and it came up with the codes 14 and 31 so i take it its summet to do with the map sensor wiring iv only ever chopped the map sensor wire ones to fit a bcc then reconnected it wen i got rid ov the bcc cause i got a emu now checked the map sensor wiring today aswell seemd fine
code 14 is meant to be no signal from ignition amp, which ones the coil and which ones the amp top or bottom

thanx dac69er for your inputs
really hope i can get this problem sorted its times like this when the sentence ''break it and get sumet else'' comes to mind dont wanna give up tho

dac69er

Super Moderator
have you reset the ecu mate? your wasting your time if you havnt tried that 1st. if your swapping sensors about you will get all sorts of odd readings and error codes if it hasnt been reset

ragz

Member +
have you reset the ecu mate? your wasting your time if you havnt tried that 1st. if your swapping sensors about you will get all sorts of odd readings and error codes if it hasnt been reset

soz forgot to mention that i took out the efi thing for a good 5 mins if that helps

ragz

Member +
swear down am getting fu#@in fed up ov the car now a mate ov mine had the same problem he says my EFI fuse block mite be fooked i put in a new ign amp and code 14 wont still go away dont ava clue on code 31 either checked everything i cud no matter how long i disconect the efi fuse or battery it still brings up 14 and 31

some body come sort my problem out ill pay you

ragz

Member +
took my emu out and left the fields harness in so i took the harness off aswell and it started first time