Starting Problems!

SR Turbo

Lifer
any ideas wots up??

i changed the cams a while bak and ever since then when i come 2 start it on a mornin or after its been standing a few hours it takes ages 2 fire up. :mad:

if i keep turning it ova it will fire up then cut out, then after abit ov that it will start, but then it takes the revs a bit 2 respond wen i press the throttle.
after i drive it around 4 a min or so its fine from then until i leave it standing again.

ive had it timed up properly and cant understand what it can be?? :confused:

any ideas appreciated. thanks

carbon

Member +
any ideas wots up??

i changed the cams a while bak and ever since then when i come 2 start it on a mornin or after its been standing a few hours it takes ages 2 fire up. :mad:

if i keep turning it ova it will fire up then cut out, then after abit ov that it will start, but then it takes the revs a bit 2 respond wen i press the throttle.
after i drive it around 4 a min or so its fine from then until i leave it standing again.

ive had it timed up properly and cant understand what it can be?? :confused:

any ideas appreciated. thanks

just make sure its timed right, look down at crank pully and turn it until the line meets 0 on th timinig cover, then look up top and make sure on your cam pulley the 4e hole lines up with the top hole marked on the head and make sure that the cam closeist to the windscreen,make sure the 2 little dots on the gear line up with the big dot on the gear on the front cam. also the cam at the back has 2 gears side by side and its spring loaded so when you take them out, the gear kicks back,make sure theyre lined back up. hope you understand:)