std lsd gearbox seal problem

GTmark

Member +
Im struggling to order the lsd side gearbox seal for the toyota brand box with std lsd. I ordered it under this part number (90311-50015) which i was told is the correct part number but the seal is to big by miles. Its a fairly small seal. Got to get this problem sorted as its costing me a bomb in gearbox oil lol. :confused:

Has anyone taken off the output housing from the lsd side of the box. If so is there another seal behind there that could be causing me the leak. Does anybody know of a break down diagram for this std lsd gearbox. :eek:

Texx

Super Moderator
90311-50015 looks to be the seal for the other side of the box and for a Dec 1992 on transmission.

I would think you need part no. 90311-25016

D3N0

Member +
if you can, make sure u get the gearbox seal kit from toyota it comes with all seals and gaskets for bolts. its much cheaper than just buying the one seal, as the main seal cost £18 for one. but the gearbox kit cost £23. i have a glanza, so i dont think our part numbers will be the same not sure. 04331-12080 this is only for glanzas though with lsd gearbox. the guys above have the correct part number for your car.

GTmark

Member +
Thanx for all ur help on this subject guys think the seal i have ordered is the corect one. I just need to take apart the output housing to fit the seal. I previously ordered a gearbox seal pack but it was for non lsd gearbox part number was 04331-12080.

Its dark now, so will have a look tomorrow an let u know how i get on :)

hekker

Fresh Recruit
Well ive been given part nr for seal nr 2 for standard tranceaxell whit lsd 90311-50015
and the left seal part nr 90311-34042
there difrent nrs so wat is wat