steering issue

neilcliop

Member +
right the glanza is recking me head
the steering is gone all over the shop
when ur driving along it just starts to pull u left and right even when ur hands are on the steering wheel
now its got 2 new wishbones wheel bearing and ball joints are all fine
it either could be cause coilovers still aint set up or i have damaged the steering rack some how
any help be great ??

dac69er

Super Moderator
you have answered your own question there mate. if you have changed all that and not had the alignment done it will be awful.

when i fitted my meisters on my 4wd starlet i couldnt tuen left without the tires squealing, its was just dangerous.

dark_knight

Member +
Sorry to hijack this thread but does fitting wider tires also give you the ocassional jolt on the steerign wheel when driving on an uneven surface..?

I recently put 205/50/15 tires on and replaced my lower ball joints and all bushes on the front end but my steering wheel still gets twitchy when driving on an uneven surface. Could something more be wrong..?

Rev

Member +
I get that with 205/40ZR17 's means you have to be alert I think the tyres are catching more ruts because of their width and when deflected put more force on the steering. After replacing the cv joints I found the car to be easier to drive on flat road and very accurate when pointed but still crazy on ruts.

Last edited: