stereo trouble

Fletty

Member +
I just can't get my radio to work when I plug it into my car. When we took the old one out there was a spark and now there's no power. Can anyone tell me where the fuse is please? And what it will be labeled as. Cheers

Pixie96

Member +
I just can't get my radio to work when I plug it into my car. When we took the old one out there was a spark and now there's no power. Can anyone tell me where the fuse is please? And what it will be labeled as. Cheers

There is fuses down under the steering wheel if its a glanza should be stuck on the back of the plastic what fuse is for what and all hope this helps??

Gucci

Fresh Recruit
Fuses are located both under the bonnet (on the right when you look at the car from the front) and also underneath the steering wheel (it's sort of in line with the gap between the clutch and brake pedal and it has a cover over them)

Also are you running a sub/amps etc?

Fletty

Member +
okay thanks, i know where they are i just wasnt sure what one it was haha, and there is sub wires but no sub. although a previous owner put in speakers on the a pillars like tweeter things and theyve made a mess of the wiring so thats what triggered the spark. hate it when people muck about with stereo wires

Gucci

Fresh Recruit
it's a common find to see that people just cut wires for the stereo then bodge it by twisting the new wires together etc

Do you have an owners manual? I'm at work atm so cannot remember off hand the exact fuse to check, as far as I can remember the one you would need to check is the one inside the car and tbh there aren't that many so check em all to be sure

Secondly, if you have sub wires but no sub fitted have you taken off the power cable from your battery as it's not safe to leave connected and current running just in case it comes into contact with metal as it rolls around when your driving...

Fletty

Member +
yeah the wires are just twisted together and are uncovered. and no i never got a manual with it. ill go out in 5 mins to check all the fuses. and the sub wires have an off switch on them so ive put it to the off position

Gucci

Fresh Recruit
ok, if the twisted wires are uncovered you best get some electrical insulation tape to wrap around the exposed wires to in order to reduce/prevent risk of electric fire

Fletty

Member +
right, i had a look at it and the fuse isnt gone and i covered all the wires and stuff and still no luck. does anyone know what else it could be?