Steve

Little Terror

Fresh Recruit
Hi Guys, I am new in here and hope to gain some valuable info that I need after purchasing my Starlet GT Turbo EP82. Looking forward to making some new freinds.

Little Terror

Fresh Recruit
Turbo Ugrade to my Little Terror

Well lets get straight to the point. I have purchased a Garrett T25 and front mount intercooler which I am having installed. What I want to know is what is the max I can boost on the std management system and without changing the injectors to a larger cc. Also what is the std block capable of in terms of boost and horsepower?

pig666eon

Member +
on std internals about 1 bar you can safely

having 1 bar boost upgraded fuel mods, front mount intercooler, de cat and full stainless manifold you will be getting about 170-180 bhp

Little Terror

Fresh Recruit
Turbo Ugrade to my Little Terror

Well lets get straight to the point. I have purchased a Garrett T25 and front mount intercooler which I am having installed. What I want to know is what is the max I can boost on the std management system and without changing the injectors to a larger cc. Also what is the std block capable of in terms of boost and horsepower?

Little Terror

Fresh Recruit
when you talk about fuel upgrade, what do you mean by this? please can you be more specific. Thanks for the tips so far. Regards Steve

pig666eon

Member +
well if you increase to boost you must increase the fuel pressure and to do that correctly you will have to get some kind of wide band controller that monitors the air fuel mix

if you are using a stock ecu you can get a piggyback system that hooks up to your ecu and gives you a more aggressive fuel curve than stock

also if you are going to raise the boost you are going to need a fuel cut defencer this is because on stock ecus they have a max boost of about .9 and will cut the fuel for safety purposes but this will allow you to boost whatever without fuel cut

anything else?:)

dac69er

Super Moderator
if your fitting a garret turbo then the stock injectors wont fuel well enough without increasing the fuel pressure at the very least.

standard engine is capable of around 1-1.2 bar of boost and producing between 200-250bhp.

you want to go any further than that and you need forged internals.

as for the management side of things. stock ecu is ok, but you will have a fuel cut limit at around 0.9 bar and obviously its designed for use with the standard turbo setup.

a basic rule of thumb for the injectors is that if your staying ct9/hybrid ct9, stock injectors are fine. anything bigger and ou should look to upgrade.