still cant find out where this nocking noise is coming from?

GTom TURBO

Member +
as above guys iv changed almost everything!

coilovers
whiteline anti roll bar and drop links
whiteline anti lift kit and front polly bushes fitted to 2 brand new bottom arms
new ball joints

and i keep getting this knocking from the front when nearly on or on full lock but its like just one big knock like something shifting..does it when setting off and stopping aswell.

car has only done 65000 miles so i cant see it beeing the rack?

any help would be great cheers guys

ALaN

Member +
Cheapest and easiest thing to try is to make sure everything is tight enough. The weight of the car should be on the wheels when everything is tightened so a four poster ramp will be required.

GTom TURBO

Member +
whats more is when the car is turned off (no power steering) if i move the wheel from side to side i get a knock either way i turn it but not nearly as loud as when the car is being moved on full lock. might just buy new everything for the front suspension and anything to do with steering as its winding me up no lol!!

GTom TURBO

Member +
pig666eons - Thanks for that link it sounds like its the drive shaft from reading that....still doesnt explain the noise of when turing the steering from side to side almost like having play in the steering rack? ill probably find that im facing two problems a drive shaft (cv joint) and track rod ends lol!

churcherj

Member +
pig666eons - Thanks for that link it sounds like its the drive shaft from reading that....still doesnt explain the noise of when turing the steering from side to side almost like having play in the steering rack? ill probably find that im facing two problems a drive shaft (cv joint) and track rod ends lol!

will most likely be the cv joint mate i had this on mine! does your car knock in a straight line when your driving? if so there is a chance it could be driveshafts but i would more than likely suggest changing the cv joints. does it sound more like a knock or a clicking sound? clicks are usually the first sign of a cv joint issue.

GTom TURBO

Member +
It clicks and knocks mate has got worse since I have lowered it and put all the new bits on! Have a spare drive shaft which I will get wacked on when I get my paddle clutch fitted! Hopefully this will sort it! Are track rod ends not a comom thing to go on a starlet then?