Stock BOV closed position

Jaak

Member +
I would like some flutter, but can't get the adapter to block of the hole where the bov sits.

Does anybody know how to set a stock BOV to stay in the closed position? To always stay closed, regardless of the engine vacuum.

Cheers:drive:

Jaak

Member +
If if understand correctly, if i'd seal the vacuum line, that it will only hold boost as strong as the spring is designed for at idle.
Because it is the boost vacuum pressure that holds the piston closed.

So if I were to remove the vaccum, he turbo's would overspin because there is a boost leak.
Or does it not work like that:confused:

Thanks for any advice!:beer:

corofin12345

Member +
with the vac line off on most dv's what happens is the dv wont open at all sending the compressed air back through the turbine blades causing flutter back through air intake.. you have to bung the vac line cause if you leave it open to atomphere the car will idle high (like a vac leak).. sounds much better with a aftermarket filter or a relocated filter from turbo inlet...

Last edited:

corofin12345

Member +
if that dont work mate bung the pipe coming off the turbo to dv... same thing really but it will definatly flutter then and should sound mad with those turbo's.. :beer:

Jaak

Member +
I tried both ways didn't work. I think the BOV from the subaru releases air even on idle.
My boost went max to 0.5 bar. no vacuum leaks.

I guess I'll need a fabricator who can make this adapter to seal off the intercooler.

Cheers anyways.