stock exhaust at 1.1 bar.......bad idea?

keirz

Member +
well basically my engine mods are,

hybrid ct9
zisco mani
zep racing decat
fmic
JAM ecu
ngk plugs
filter mounted at front.

i went to have my fueling checked and thats fine.

i turned the boost up to 1.1bar as this is the intended target boost. im still using stock exhaust at the minute.

would this be a bad idea without an upgraded exhaust? is the stock exhaust really that restrictive that it can be dangerous at this boost level?

has anyone ran high boost on stock exhaust before without problems?

dac69er

Super Moderator
its not restrictive enough to cause any problems but you will be loosing out on a fair bit of power by having it.

keirz

Member +
thanks, i have an exhaust to go on but it needs modding to fit and i wont get chance to do it for a while. so it wont cause to much heat build up and melt a piston?

Mike@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.Tuning
I should imagine it will be fine fella, but as above there will be some good gains to be had from an aftermarket system :)

ChrisGT

Member +
Iirc the diameter of the stock exhaust is 1.6" and it has a tiny middle silencer and then ofcourse the backbox - so there would be a fair amount of backpressure! It will hinder performance but I don't think it would be "dangerous" tbh. Get it changed ifya can though, be worth it! :)

Im also in the same boat.. i dont want to spend £££ on a exaust basicly becuase i dont really like them tbh, id rather spend the rest on a manifold or Front Mount.. !!

keirz

Member +
thanks people, for your opinions

but please read my posts I HAVE AN EXHAUST TO GO ON AND IM GONNA GET IT ON ASAP!!! it justs need modding to fit, im not trying to skimp out and try and do with out one. ive got one to go on. i got ripped off by a fellow member who forgot to tell me the exhaust had been moddified to fit a different down pipe, and im trying to find someone who can do the custom work to fit it.

dac69er

Super Moderator
Im also in the same boat.. i dont want to spend £££ on a exaust basicly becuase i dont really like them tbh, id rather spend the rest on a manifold or Front Mount.. !!

it does make a decent difference. even between a std exhaust and my Frankenstein powerflow thing i have on it now.

starbogt

Member +
thanks people, for your opinions

but please read my posts I HAVE AN EXHAUST TO GO ON AND IM GONNA GET IT ON ASAP!!! it justs need modding to fit, im not trying to skimp out and try and do with out one. ive got one to go on. i got ripped off by a fellow member who forgot to tell me the exhaust had been moddified to fit a different down pipe, and im trying to find someone who can do the custom work to fit it.

custom pipes in Doncaster did mine no problems in minutes. Brilliant service..

Did Robs too

keirz

Member +
well ive got something in the pipe line as a lad who might be starting at my work place, his dad owns an exhaust place that could do the work. so there is a chance i could get it done through that.

if that fails i will be in touch with custom pipes to see if they can bend 2.5 systems

andybill

Member +
keirz mate, take it to powerflowin notts or exhaust uk in sheffield, i know they dont make the best exhaust systems but they can certainly bend it back to fit for you ! not far from where you are either ...

bit off topic, but you and mike going down mfn anytime soon ? my engine is fully forged and run in now and would like a ride in both of yours :p

Fishy89GT

Banned
or just run it out the bottom of the decat, toby said it would be fine when i asked ages ago about turboing the sr

MikeGlanzaV

Trader
keirz mate, take it to powerflowin notts or exhaust uk in sheffield, i know they dont make the best exhaust systems but they can certainly bend it back to fit for you ! not far from where you are either ...

bit off topic, but you and mike going down mfn anytime soon ? my engine is fully forged and run in now and would like a ride in both of yours :p

I will be down over the next few weeks but not this sat as its my stag do!! If you are near long eaton and fancy meeting up in the week let me know though.

Anyway back on Keirz topic!

keirz

Member +
not sure if i will be down there in a while, but im sure if i will catch you at a meet some time soon.

where abouts is powerflow mate?

i tried a couple of places but they didnt have the adapter to mandrel bend 2.5 inch